Laser Tag

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. My mental health was all over the place and I just wanted to use the first week of Summer holidays (they started this week I'm so happy!) to rest and do nothing. Again, I'm really sorry.
Anyway, here's another AU I found on Instagram! Actually, it's based off a few I found.

It was Friday morning, and Connor was doing some last minute homework before he had to go to school when he heard a knock on his bedroom door.

"What?" He asked, without looking up from his math homework. He heard the door creak open.

"We're leaving soon," he heard Zoe say.

"Cool."

"Okay, I know you're probably busy, but I was wondering if you wanted to play a game of laser tag with me, Alana, Jared, Sabrina, Daina and a few others after school? I'm just asking because you're very asocial and need a hobby," she said.

"I have hobbies," Connor replied.

Zoe sighed. "Connor, being sad all the time is not a hobby." Connor rolled his eyes. "So... what do you say?"

"Sure. As long as I don't have to pay," he said.

"Don't worry, Sabrina's paying. It's her party."

"Quick question: who the fuck is Sabrina, anyway?"

"No idea. Alana invited me."

"Fair enough."

"Do you want to sit with me and Alana at lunch? Again, only asking  because you're asocial."

Connor looked up from his homework. "Sure. Thanks, Zoe."

Zoe smiled. "Don't mention it. Seriously. By the way, you have two minutes to be out the door or I'm leaving without you." She left the room.

Connor quickly finished the last math problem and closed his book, shoving it in his backpack, along with his pencil case.

Him and Zoe had grown closer over the previous few weeks. They used to constantly argue, but that was Connor's fault. He had pushed his younger sister away, and he regretted it. He had tried to make an effort to make it up to Zoe, and so far it had been working. They were becoming friends again.

*** 

"You can invite someone to laser tag too, if you want," Zoe said once they were in the car. She was driving.

Connor shrugged. "I have no one else to invite."

"What about Evan?"

"Evan Hansen? We're barely friends."

Zoe smirked. "Yeah, but you're like, super gay for him."

She wasn't wrong.

"Shut up." Connor blushed.

"So ask him to come with us! You have his number, just text him."

"I don't know..."

"Come on, I'm sure he'll say yes."

"I'll think about it."

***

At lunch, Connor sat with Zoe and Alana. They discussed laser tag.

"Us three can go together. I'll drive," Zoe suggested.

"Sounds good. I call choosing the music!" Alana exclaimed.