The Sleepover

A/N: Okay so in my book In the Spotlight there's a chapter where Evan, Connor, Jeremy, Michael, Alana and Zoe are organising to hang out with Lily but remember they have kids so they dump them with Grandma Heidi.

Heidi got in her car and sighed, putting her phone in her bag.

She loved spending time with her grandchildren, she was just tired after a long day of work.

Well, technically Zoe and Alana's son, Isaac, wasn't her grandson, but she considered him to be and loved him as much as he loved Abby, Charlie and Ainsley.

She drove to Evan and Connor's house, still in her blue scrubs. She had a change of clothes in her bag.

A few minutes later, Heidi arrived at Evan and Connor's house. She grabbed her bag and got out the car, walking to the front door.

Evan answered. "Hi, mom!" He kissed her on the cheek and gave her a hug.

"Hi, honey! How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks," he answered. "I just wanted to thank you again for doing this on such short notice."

"It's not a problem at all, honey. Grandma Heidi's here whenever you need."

Evan giggled. "Ainsley and Isaac are already here." He moved to the side to let Heidi in a closed the door. "We're leaving in a few minutes."

"Perfect," Heidi said. "I'll go get changed out of my scrubs."

Heidi walked to the nearest bathroom to get in more comfortable clothes, which included some light blue jeans and a purple blouse.

She walked into the living room where Evan sat, putting his shoes on. "Where are the kids?"

"Upstairs with Connor," Evan replied. "Honestly, I don't trust him with them. He basically told Charlie that teachers are evil witches the other day and encouraged her to throw printers."

"Fair enough," Heidi giggled. "I'll go upstairs to make sure they haven't murdered anyone."

Heidi walked up the stairs and down the hall, stopping at Abby's room. The door was closed. She opened it slowly, hearing whispers.

"Is everything okay?" Heidi asked. They were all sitting cross legged on the floor.

"Hey, Heidi." Connor smiled. "Everything's fine. Why?"

"No reason."

"Grandma!" Abby and Charlie squealed in unison, standing up.

"Stop!" Isaac grabbed Abby's arm and Ainsley grabbed Charlie's.

"Oh yeah." Abby and Charlie sat down quickly. "Are we still safe?" Abby asked Connor.

"I don't know," Connor said.

"Safe from what?" Heidi asked, dubious.

Connor looked embarrassed. "Well..."

"Uncle Connor said we'll be possessed by demons and murder people in our sleep if we leave the circle," Isaac told her.

She looked at Connor. "Connor, why?"

"So are Abby and Charlie possessed?" Isaac asked.

"No," Heidi said.

"Yes," Connor told them.

"Okay, everyone, stand up," Heidi said. "I want hugs."

"But we'll have to leave the circle," Ainsley said.

"Too bad."

Abby and Charlie didn't care as they were already 'possessed' and left the circle to hug Heidi. They giggled as their two cousins complained.

"Come on, you two," Heidi said to Isaac and Ainsley.

The two exchanged nervous glances and looked at Connor.

"Abby and Charlie already broke the circle," Connor told them. "You won't get possessed. Don't worry."

"None of you will get possessed," Heidi assured them. "Now, why don't you four go downstairs so you can say goodbye?"

The four kids raced each other out of the room.

"What were you thinking?" Heidi asked Connor once she heard the kids run down the stairs.

Connor shrugged. "I was helping them use their imaginations."

"By telling them they would be possessed by demoms?"

"Whoops?"

"You also told them they would murder people in their sleep, so they'll be awake all night."

"Sorry," Connor said.

"It's okay. This isn't the first time something like this has happened."

"Oh my god, what happened?" Connor smiled.

"I'll tell you another day," Heidi laughed. "You go hang with Lily and everyone."

"Okay. Thanks again, Heidi."

***

Later that evening, Heidi was setting up a mattress in Abby's room.

Charlie, Ainsley and Isaac were going to sleep on the mattress. Even though there was enough room for Abby, she wanted to sleep in her own bed.

Heidi finished setting up the mattress and Charlie got into bed. Abby did the same.

Ainsley and Isaac stood by Heidi's side.

"Aren't you boys going to bed?" Heidi asked.

They shook their heads. "No way," Isaac said. "They're going to murder us."

"They're not going to hurt you," Heidi said. "They're fine. Aren't you, girls?"

"Yep," they replied in unison.

Isaac and Ainsley reluctantly climbed in next to Charlie.

"Boo," she said once they were lying down. Ainsley screamed.

"Charlie," Heidi said in a warning voice. Charlie giggled.

She walked closer to them. "Alright, goodnight everyone." Heidi kissed Abby on the forehead, then did the same with Charlie, Ainsley and Isaac.

She turned off the light and shut the door, smiling as she walked down the stairs.

***

About an hour later, Heidi walked up the stairs to check on her grandchildren. She slowly opened the door.

When she saw them, she smiled. Abby had joined her sister and cousins and was cuddling Charlie. The four were all laying very close together.

Heidi smiled. "Goodnight," she whispered, closing the door.