First Word

A/N: I am so sorry I really love Lily.

Evan sat up in his room, writing college applications. He was going to go to college and study forestry.

He'd been writing applications for a few hours and needed a break.

Evan heard a soft knock on the door. "Come in," he said, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey, honey." Evan turned to see his mom, holding Lily, who was eleven months old.

"Hi, mom," he said. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to the orchard with Lily and I," she said. "You can invite Connor, too. If you want to, that is."

"Yeah, of course I'll come," Evan laughed. "You invite me to a place full of trees and think my answer might be 'no'?"

Heidi giggled. "I just wasn't sure if you were too busy with your applications. But I guess I should've known better."

Evan smiled. "I'll message Connor."

Heidi nodded and walked out of his room, closing the door.

Evan reached for his phone, unlocking it and opening Connor's contact.

Evan: Hey Connie!

Evan: I'm going to the orchard with my mom and Lily. Do you want to come?

Connie ❤: yeah of course

Connie ❤: ill be at your place in five minutes

Evan: Cool!

Connie ❤: oh and evan?

Connie ❤: i love you

Evan: I love you too

Evan put his phone in his pocket, blushing.

He wondered if it was weird. They were engaged and he still went red when Connor told him that he loved him.

He slipped on a pair of shoes and walked down the stairs.

"Connor will be here in five minutes," he told his mom. She smiled.

Evan walked over to them and took Lily from Heidi. "We're going to see the trees, Lily!" He said. Lily giggled.

A few minutes later, Connor arrived.

"Hey, Tree Girl!" He said, kissing her head. Lily giggled and reached for Connor's hair, playing with it.

The four walked out the house and to the car. Connor took Lily from Evan. "I'll sit in the back with Lily," he said. He opened the door to buckle Lily into her car seat.

Evan sat in the passenger side and Heidi got in the driver side. They waited for Connor to walk around to the other side and buckle himself in.

On the drive over, Lily made random noises and Connor repeated them as if he were having a conversation with her. She found it amusing.

"Nah-nah," Lily said.

"Nah-nah," Connor repeated. Lily giggled, clapping her hands.

"Tee tee."

"Tee tee."

Another giggle.

"Tee tee!" Lily exclaimed again.

"Tee tee!"

Evan laughed. He also found it amusing.

About ten minutes later, they arrived at the orchard.

"Look at all the trees, Lily!" Evan said before getting out the car. Lily clapped her hands.

Connor got Lily out of the car and put her in her pram, which Heidi had retrieved from the boot of the car, and they walked to the entrance together.

Evan suddenly began to walk faster. Heidi and Connor walked faster too, curious to see where he was going. Connor was careful because he was pushing Lily.

Soon, they arrived at an open field. Connor knew why Evan had begun to walk faster.

"This is where I met Connor, Lily," Evan said, placing his hand on the tree that he had fallen from years ago.

"We should have our wedding here," Connor said. "In this exact spot, in front of this very tree."

Evan smiled. He looked like he was about to cry. "That sounds perfect." He walked forward to kiss his fiancé.

Evan turned to Heidi, who was smiling.

"Do you like all the trees, Lily?" He asked his sister.

"Tee tee!" Lily said excitedly.

"Tee tee!" Connor repeated.

"Wait a minute." Evan walked over to the tree. "Lily, what's this?" He pointed to the tree.

"Tee!" She said.

"She was saying 'tree'," Evan said.

"Her first word is 'tree'!" Connor laughed. "That's amazing!"

"You brainwashed her," Heidi said.

"Good," Evan replied.

Heidi walked up to Lily and kissed her head. "I can't believe you said your first word!"

"Tee," Lily said.

"Yep," Heidi giggled. "Tee."

"You're on your way to becoming a 'tee' expert, Lily," Evan said. Lily clapped her hands.