Chapter 70

Vanessa POV

I felt terrible. It had finally really occurred to me how I ruined a really good thing. I ruined her trust, broke her heart multiple times, destroyed our family and dragged to other people into it.

I have yet to apologize to Ernecia for taking advantage of her that night. On top of hat, I have to come up with a huge apology to Mynetta. I've apologized so many times in the past for the stuff that I've done to her but this has to be breathtaking.

This one has to be one that'll reel her back in so that she'll take me back. She's the only woman I'll ever love in such an unexplainable way. I would die for her. I don't know what's wrong with me. The thought of cheating never crossed my mind until I started working at the strip club. There were lots of beautiful, tempting girls there.

Working at the club was my downfall. And now, I'm realizing that. I have to cut off all ties with Mena and the people there.For the sake of keeping my marriage alive. I was pulled out of my thoughts when the cab stopped in front of the house.

I didn't have any money on me to pay for a hotel. I gave the cab driver the twenty bucks I owed him, got my luggage out of the trunk and headed up the driveway. Prior to this, I texted Mena and told her that I was coming over. I have nowhere else to go.

"Hello."I replied dryly as she opened the door. She was completely naked.

"Hey babe, i just got out of the shower."She spoke. The sight didn't excite me this time around. I was done cheating on my wife, I just needed a place to stay for a while.

I rolled my luggage inside. "Ooh, you finally found your piece of mind and left your ain't shit wife huh?"She asked with a chuckle.

"No, I didn't leave her and she didn't leave me. I just needed a place to stay for a while. I don't have any money for a hotel."I admitted with a shrug.

I plopped down on her couch and laid my stuff down beside me.

"I'll sleep here so you don't try anything."I told her.

"Don't be silly. We used to sleep in my bed all the time, what's the difference now?"She asked, Now serious. "I'm not going to cheat on my wife anymore. Just stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours."I established a few ground rules for the time being.

"We'll see. You know my body looks delicious. Won't be long before you try to fuck."She smirked as she sat beside me.

Why you gotta be such a hoe, I thought. I clearly stated that I would no longer cheat on the lady that owns my heart and she's still trying to get at me. She swung her leg over the top of the couch and began to rub herself in front of me. "Please stop. I have to sleep here tonight."I mumbled but she wouldn't. So I moved to the sofa beside it. She continued to play with herself until she cummed. It didn't intrigue me though. I just continued to look down into my phone until she went away. I didn't want to be bothered with her. I just needed some time alone. To think about what moves I'm going to make on Mynetta, to get her to trust me again. I know it's going to take a lot to get us back where we were but I'm willing to take the time it needs. I need to get my life, family and marriage back in order. And there's only one way to successfully do that...

Mynetta POV

"Where's Mama going?"Alicia asked. "Away. It's just for a while. She'll be back next week."I replied while rolling my eyes.

I didn't want to hear about her, think about her or see her any time soon. All I needed right now, was space. To think about life. I needed to get a job to help support the household. I needed to build better bonds with my children even if that means exempting Vanessa from our family activities for the time being. I had other things to worry about and Vanessa was the last of problems. I wanted her to be. I'm denying it every day.