Chapter 60

Lakrista, Mena, Ernecia and Kendall in M/M.

The Next Day
Vanessa POV

"100,200,300,400,500,600."Alicia counted out as she pointed to each band. I️ previously grouped the money into hundreds, and wrapped rubber bands on them to keep them separated.

"700, 800,900... What comes after 900?"She stopped and asked me. "A thousand."I️ answered. "1100,1200,1300,1400,1500."She finished. "Where did you get all this money from?"

"I️ work."

"I️ want this job when I️ get older."She smiled.

"Oh no you don't."I️ rejected.

"Can I️ have one?"She asked as she picked up a band.

I️ stared at her. "I️f I️ give you that, do I️ still have to buy you presents?"I️ asked, chuckling. "Yes."She replied.

"Then no. Put it back and go make your Christmas list."

She huffed and sat it back on the floor. She got off the floor and ran out of the room.

"Don't put that in your mouth. Money is dirty both mentally and physically."I️ said taking the slobbery cash out of Angel's small hands. I️ cleaned the money off with a napkin then wiped her face and hands.

I️ managed to take the day off and spend it with the kids. Today is Tuesday, which means school for Alicia. She's in the basement/office with Ernecia, the home school teacher.

"Can you recite the alphabet for me?"I️ suggested.

She smiled. "A...B...C...F—."She started but I️ shook my head which made her stop. "What comes after C?"I️ asked.

"D...E...F...G."

Hearing her sing the first few letters of the alphabet bought joy to me. These are the only ones she's been taught so far. I️ just wish Mynetta was here to hear it.

"What about your numbers?"I️ asked.

"1...2...3...4...5."She called out using her fingers to help her. "Awh baby,"I️ screamed as I️ picked her up and spun her around. My babies were really growing up on me. They're getting smarter and older by the day. She giggled and smiled harder, feeding off of my positive energy.

"Potty time."I️ carried her into the bathroom and pulled her underwear and diaper down. She's going to be three years old in four months so I️ figured now is the right time to train her.

What I️ did was, I️ paid close attention to how many times a day she pees, around what time she pees. I️ use it to know when to sit her on the potty. "I️ don't like the potty."She whined.

"Don't you want to be a big girl? Like Alicia. She uses the potty. She's a big girl."I️ pointed out. "Really?"She asked. "Mhm. She poops and pees in the potty."I️ added.

She stared at me as she sat on the potty with her elbows on her knees and her head resting in her hands.

~~~

At the moment, Angel was taking her afternoon nap and Alicia was at lunch in the kitchen. I'm just scrolling through Instagram for right now. It's something I️ haven't done in a while.

I️ was always occupied with my own life but now that things have slowed down, I️ had time to do so.

I️ went to like a post on TSR's page. It's where the most juiciest gossip and news comes from. Just as I️ was about to double tap, a direct message came through. It was from Mena.