Chapter 44

One month later
Vanessa POV

"I'm twenty three, my parents own a law firm. I followed in my moms footsteps and now I'm a lawyer, minus all the classes. I started my study early, when I was eight. If I wasn't schooling, I was studying with my parents."Alexis explained.

"You never had any of your own time huh?"I asked.

"No, that's why I'm so social now. When I was little, I would sit by the window and watch all the kids play outside while I was stuck inside studying. At first, I didn't like the idea of being a lawyer but over the years, it's grown on me."

"What courts do you work in? Do you have any interesting stories?"I stabbed the crouton with my fork and placed in my mouth, getting ready to chew.

"Divorce court. I'm not supposed to talk about my clients but I'll tell you a story about the most difficult one I've ever taken."

"What happened?"I smiled a closed mouth smile, waiting to hear this story. We both had already eaten our lunch, now we were finishing up and just sitting here talking about our lives and professions.

"It got so nasty! Like I just couldn't, Vanessa, it was so sad how it ended."

"How did it end?"

"I can't tell you,"She chuckled. I straight faced her. "Why not?"I asked.

"That's a rule."

"But you just said you'd tell me."

"I lied!"She burst into laughter but I just glared at her, which sent her into over time laughter.

"Are you done?"

"You didn't find that funny? Slap on the knee,"She laughed for a few more seconds before she calmed down. "Okay, I think it's time to take you home."I mumbled as I got down from the chair. I threw our trash away and helped her down from her chair.

I've been on ten dates with Alexis so far and they all were a success and interesting enough to keep us both coming back. I don't want to be quick to judge but so far, things are moving along nicely. I've learned so much about her these past three days and to be honest, the way she acts around me is so calming. We're so open to each other, but then on the other hand, there's Misty.

I feel like Misty and I don't really connect, due to her being so much younger than me. She's on eighteen so that makes us six years apart. We've only been on one date so I'm willing to give it another chance at dinner.

I planned on taking her out to eat at Ruth Chris Steakhouse. This date will determine my future with her, if there will even be a future. We don't really agree on most topics and our political views are so different from one another. But I won't dwell on her, I'll just wait and see what tonight brings us at dinner.

"Are you drunk? I told you not to drink any of that vodka you ordered."I scolded her. "I couldn't help myself. It tasted good as hell."She replied.

"How many refills did you get?"

"Three, that's all."

"Yeah, it's time to get you home."I paid the tab and even tipped the waiter for his services before grabbing Alex's hand. Her real name is Alexis but she likes when I call her Alex. She says the last letter of her name rolls off my tongue in a sexual way so that's why she likes it. I grabbed her hand and led her outside to my Ferrari. I helped her inside and snapped her seatbelt before doing the same to myself. I reversed out of the parking spot and left the lot.