Chapter 53

Vanessa POV

To try to keep myself calm, I️ called Mynetta. This time she answered but I️ couldn't talk, all I️ could do was cry into the phone.

"Babe?"She continued to say when I️ didn't say anything back. "Babe!?"

I️ couldn't say anything. "I'll just track where you're at..."She said before her line went silent but I️ could still hear her breathing.

"What're you at the...hospital?"She questioned talking slowly.

"Our baby!"I️ managed to choke out.

"Okay look, now is not the time for games Nessa. Whatever you got going on over there, the jig is up—,"

"She's bleeding."

"Fuck you mean!"

"I️ don't know."

She said nothing after that and I just kept my mouth shut to keep from wailing and causing a scene.

I️n no time, Mynetta showed up and rushed over to me.

"Where's my baby?!"She screamed, causing people to look over at us. All I️ could do was shrug and keep my eyes fixed on the floor beneath us. I️ wanted the ground to just open up and swallow me whole. I️ impatiently watched nurses walk around the waiting room looking for the family of patients.

"Family of Alicia Summers?"A tall white male asked.

"That's us."Mynetta uttered as she stood, grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

I️ continued to look at the floor while the nurse talked about Alicia's condition. I️ tuned him out though. I️ couldn't listen clearly, his words came out like they were jumbled together.

The only words I️ could put together were: herpes, spread, veins, injection, vitals, get checked out. I️ don't understand. I️ don't have herpes, Mynetta doesn't either so how could Alicia have it without us finding out sooner. I️ have so many questions about this condition.

"Fortunately, we have a quick lab. Neither of you can go in to see her until you all get checked and cleaned up, hospital rules."

"We'll do it."Mynetta nodded. He small smiled and started walking away, signaling ya to follow. We were directed into the quick lab and tested for all types of STD's. Just like I️ thought, we both tested negative to all of the tests. The nurses got together and narrowed it down to injection. He said that the virus had to have been injected through a needle into her body.

"Has anyone been around her, particularly, close enough to inject her?"He questioned. That's when I️ broke down and felt more guilty than before.

"My ex,"I️ mumbled.

"Your ex?"Mynetta asked.

"Yeah, she ran into me today and was talking about getting back together, something in that category. I️ told her I️ was over her and she asked to hold Alicia. I️—I️ thought I️ could trust her!"I️ screamed the last sentence out of anger, ready to throw something. I️ so wanted to punch a hole in the wall; in myself for even letting Alexis get a glance of my baby. This is my fault and nothing they say, will change that.

"And that's when Alicia started to bleed; that's how we ended up here."I️ finished.

"A definite injection. The needle is why she was bleeding. The lab results came back..."The nurse replied once another nurse walked in and handed him a manila folder. She walked out and closed the door behind herself, giving us privacy in the hospital room.