Chapter 52

Didn't feel like cropping and editing the photo but Alexis in M/M.

Vanessa POV

Once I got Alicia dressed, we were in our way to Walmart. I know Walmart is huge in size and most of the time crowded but I think I'll be able to keep my baby out of harms way. The ride there was short. I got a parking spot close to the store and got out. I pushed a stray basket over to the car and carefully wiped every part of it down before sitting the car seat in it.

Once I was down cleaning the basket, i germ-xed my hands and put see through gloves on.

I made sure to lock the car doors before pushing the basket into the store. I began shopping, trying to make this quick so we could get back home.

"Vanessa? Oh my gawd, I️ missed you so much!"I️ heard someone scream with excitement as I️ was hugged. The person buried their head in my neck and heavily breathed against my ear.

"Have you missed me?"The person asked.

I️  pushed the person back with her shoulder and took a look at her. The lady was from my past life...Alexis.

"You don't remember me, Alexis, your girlfriend? I'm all better now, see, the back of my head is healed,"Alexis rambled. I️ just looked at her. I️ was puzzled. What the hell was she doing in the Bahamas?

"Alexis, i—I️ don't know what to say—,"I️ started but she cut me off. She still had this wide grin on her face but I️ don't know what she was happy about; I'm beyond shocked right now.

"Did you miss me while I️ was in rehab?"She asked, bringing out those baby doll eyes that I️ used to fall in love with every time she looked at me like that.

"I️ have a baby and I️-I'm married."I️ stuttered.

Her smile quickly turned into a frown and I️ couldn't help but to feel bad about it. I️ hated seeing Alexis sad. And yeah, our relationship wasn't long but it never ended now that I️ really think about it.

"So you don't miss me? I️ thought you'd wait for me..."She mumbled, looking at the floor beneath us. "Don't you love me?"

"I'm sorry but, no. I️ don't think I️ do."I️ answered truthfully. I'm in love with someone else, Mynetta. And I'd never hurt her now, like I️ did in the past.

"I️ understand...I️ guess this is goodbye,"She mumbled as her eyes watered. I️ felt a piece inside of me break. Alexis and I️ weren't that serious but I️ still had love for her and seeing her like this hurt me. Not a lot, just a bit, like a little...smidge. She looked around until her eyes darted onto Alicia.

She gasped. "Is this your baby?"She asked. I️ nodded, smiling at Alicia.

"Can I️ hold her, please?"She small smiled. I️ stared at her unsure of my decision. Without knowing it, I️ had forgotten about Alicia's safety. I️ took off my gloves and took Alicia out of the car seat. I️ handed her off to Alexis. I️ could trust Alexis, after all, she's never done anything that made me feel like she was acting shady.

Alexis smiled down at her while Alicia just stared up at her, observing her.

I️ turned around to grab something off of the shelf, thinking that they'd be around for the few seconds my back was to them but I️ was wrong. As soon as I️ turned back around, Alicia started to wail.

"What the hell!"I️ screamed, snatching her out of Alexis' arms and cradling her close to me.

"I️—I'm so sorry, I️ don't know what happened. I️—I️ was just holding her, that's all."She tried to explain but I️ wasn't hearing it.

Through gritted teeth, I️ spoke. "Get the fuck away from me! Go back to wherever the hell you came from!"I️ spat out of anger.

A tear fell from her eye but that was all I️ saw before she ran off. "You okay baby?"I️ asked her as if she could respond. All she could do was cry. I️ checked her body for any injuries and thought that it was okay before I️ looked at her leg. Blood gushed from her leg.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!"I️ mumbled to myself as I️ dropped everything and ran with her still in my arms.

Curse words ran through my mind as I️ mentally beat myself up for trusting Alexis enough to let her hold my baby. That was dumb on my part considering that I️ hadn't seen her in years and I️ don't know what kind've germs she has on her. I️ didn't ask her if she was sick or check her to be sure.

The structure of the way things work around here was on my side; the hospital was just two minutes away; fifty seconds if I️ had the car. Carefully but hurriedly, I️ thought about my choices. I️ could walk the two minutes down the street and get there and still be able to get someone to help her. Or I️ could drive by strapping her in the car seat, snapping my seatbelt, trying to beat the traffic, finding a parking space and rushing inside of the hospital. I️ chose the first choice; pedestrians have the right away at all times.

So I ran, tiring my legs out. I️ haven't ran like this in forever; I'd do anything for my baby.

As soon as I️ entered the hospital, bloody hands and all, doctors rushed to my assistance. One doctor placed her on a stretcher and wheeled her away while two stayed back and questioned me. I️ confessed what happened, everything. That was the best thing to do.

She told me to sit tight and wait for the doctors to tell me what was wrong but I️ couldn't be patient. I felt horrible. Like I️ let this happen to her. I️ should've never let Alexis hold her. I️ mean, yeah I️ guess I️ trust her but I️ haven't seen her in years. I️ don't know where she's been or what she's been doing with herself.

I️ need to redo today and go against some decisions I️ made next time.

C. Baby