Chapter 5

Vanessa in M/M

Vanessa POV

I stepped out of the airport with my carry-on purse in one hand and my luggage in the other. Peppa peeked her head out of the purse to be nosey and look at shit like always.

I literally just landed in Louisiana a few minutes ago and I'm so excited to be back in my home state. I searched google for the closest hotel to the New Orleans airport, Holiday Inn.

"Where to?"the lady asked when I climbed into the back of the uber car.

"Holiday Inn."I replied.

"You visiting here?"She asked.

"You can say that."I answered, beginning to crack the knuckles in my hand.

"Where you from?"

"Oh I'm from here, I moved to Detroit when I was six though."

"Ah!"She chuckled.

A few minutes later, we pulled up to the hotel. I paid the lady and got my bags out of her car, walking into the hotel right on time. It was five in the morning.

The guy at the front desk and I went though all the stuff before handing me my key to the room.

"Oh um what's the policy on pet dogs?"I asked.

"You have to pay an extra two hundred if the dog is caught by any worker, janitors, room service, cooks, etcetera."

"I'm not getting rid of Peppa."I spoke, looking down at my purse. Peppa peeked out at the sound of her name being said.

"Just don't get caught."He winked at me. I small smile before turning around. I sashayed to the elevator and pressed the button for the fourth floor.

"You're gonna have to be quiet, no barking out of the ordinary, okay Peppa."I warned, making her look me in the eye. The elevator dinged, telling me that we've arrived at our destination. I quickly stuffed her back into my purse and walked down the hall to our potential hotel room. I sat my bags down, opened my purse all the way for the dog to get out. I locked the door and proceeded inside the room. As of now, it's five fifteen am and while most are probably sleep, I'm wide awake. The time difference from Detroit to here is three hours. It eight am over there, time for her walk.

"Sorry but I am not about to be taking you out at five in the morning."I mumbled as I plopped on the huge bed. Before I knew it, my eyes were shut and I was long gone, deep into sleep.

~~~

When I awoke, it was twelve in the afternoon.

Peppa was laying under the side of the bed asleep. I rolled over to the other side and get up. I completed my hygiene routine and unhooked my phone from the charger.

I pulled up the Google Search tab on my phone and type in "most common places in Louisiana". A list of a bunch of useful shit came up but I just picked the first suggested.

New Orleans French Quarter.

I was going to find my parents one way or the other.

After two hours of walking around outside of the French Quarter and making no progress, I decided to go inside the old building.

"Um, excuse me, hi! Have you ever heard of a lady named Ka'Mille Summers?"I asked the closest person to me.

"They haven't been talk of the town in almost twenty years. Last I heard, they had a daughter but sent her away when they went to jail."The guy told me.

"I'm their daughter. Do you know what jail they're in?"

"Ion know 'bout Melanie but Ka'Mille ova in all womens."He replied.

"Thank you!"I uttered before rushing off. I found my way back to Comfort Inn and went up to my hotel room.

"Peppa?"I called, looking around. I waltzed into the kitchen, hoping to find her sitting around somewhere. The whole suite was cleaner than I left it this morning, room service must've been here. But... Where the fuck is my dog at?

I rushed out into the hallway just in time to see a maid heading towards the elevator while dragging a huge box.

"Hey, wait!"I screamed, speeding up my walk a bit.

The maid did a quick glance over her shoulder before rushing into the elevator.

I squeezed in just before the doors closed. "What'chu got in that bag there?"I asked, pressing the button to stop elevator between floors.

"Mind your own business."She spat, pulling the big hat down on her face. I snatched the trashbag and pulled it open. My husky pup climbed out slowly, I rubbed her back telling her she was safe now that I'm around.

"My dog ain't no fuckin' trash!"I snapped.

"Pet animals are not allowed in the building."She started. "I'm just doing my job."

"Well do this,"I pushed her up against the wall, blocking her from escaping. "Stay away from my suite, my dog, myself included."

"You don't scare me."

"Listen here maid, you tell anybody about this, I off ya fuckin' head. Ain't nobody gon' come between me and my dog."I warned, letting out my Louisiana accent.

She chuckled sarcastically before doing the unthinkable. Before I knew it, I was the one being held up against the wall. "Before you threaten me, think about that!"She smacked my face, making it sting. I rubbed the spot she hit, trying to soothe it.

She backed up off me. "I'm Chayla! Your worst nightmare."She chuckled before sashaying out of the elevator. I sighed in relief and got off on my hall.

Great, just perfect! I've not even been here a full day yet and I think I've already made an enemy. Well not an enemy but not a friend either...

C. Baby