Chapter 20

Layla POV

"I'm in a red Corvette."She spoke into the phone.

"I see you. I'm coming."I said before hanging up.

"Come on."I told the two of them as I lead them across the parking lot. We walked up to the red Corvette and I opened the passenger door. I let the seat up so Lotiezha and Tristen could climb into the back seat.

They all exchanged greetings as I let the seat back up and climbed inside. I shut the door and buckled my seatbelt.

"How was school?"Dream asked. I smiled. "Good."I replied.

"Lemme pick the song."I took the seven plus out of her hand and scrolled through her SoundCloud playlist as she pulled out of the school parking lot. I settled on Jamie's Boss Chick and turned the volume up. I went to close the phone when I saw a text come through from someone named Mynetta. Who's that ?

It read: stop playing. You the only one I ever chased🙄

What the fuck does that mean ?

I thought to ask Dream who this Mynetta chick was but I couldn't do it in front of Tristen and Lotiezha. I couldn't do it at all, to be honest, I didn't want to seem all in Dream's business.

Instead of snooping through Dream's messages with the girl, I closed the phone and sat it in the cup holder, like it previously was before I picked it up.

"Which mall you wanna go to?"Dream asked us—well me, since I told them not to speak until spoken to.

"The one you shop at."I replied. I didn't know any malls, to be honest. Darlene(my mom) doesn't take us to buy anything new. Her self-centered ass only buys shit for herself. "Tryna make me spend big bucks huh!"She joking. I laughed that off.

Conversation died down and the music filled our ears the whole way there.

"Who is NBA Youngboy?"I asked.

"Some nigga from my home town."She replied. NBA Youngboy's Call On Me started up as soon as Dream parked in front of the mall.

We all got out and she locked the car as we walked away.

"Where you got that watch from?"I asked, pointing to the Rolex that rested on her left arm.

"That's upstairs. Let's find some stuff from down here first."She told us.

"We going to lady Footlocker."Tristen spoke up.

Dream handed them both each five hundred dollars and they went off. "You didn't have to give them that much."I told her after they were gone.

"It'll keep them gone for a while. Give you and I some time alone."Dream replied. She grabbed my hand and took me into a store called Rue21.

"How can I help you?"One of the workers asked Dream.

"Hook her up with three outfits."Dream slightly pushed me towards the worker. I guess they knew each other, Dream must be a regular customer here.

"Three outfits, she said."The worker repeated. "What type so you like?"She asked me but I was lost. I didn't know what to say so I just blurted something out.

"Revealing?"I said but it came out as more of a question. "And cute though. Something that accentuates my frame. Casual."I added. She nodded, taking in all of my requests.

We looked through the racks together. "Try this."She handed me a shirt and some jeans in my size. "What's this?"I asked.

"Acid washed high waist jeans, and that's a crop top. And those are high waist shorts and a regular shirt. While you try these on, I'll be looking for you another outfit."She sent me off to the dressing room.

"Lemme see."Dream asked. She looked up from her phone when I came out of the dressing room with the first outfit on.

"Shit! Turn around."Dream instructed. I turned around so she could see how the outfit looked on my backside. "That's a fat ass!"She smacked it, making me laugh. "You like it?"I asked. "Hell yeah."She replied. I smiled and went back into the dressing room to change and try on the next one.

~~~

By the time we left the mall, it was eight at night. Dream bought me a whole weeks worth of outfits, some expensive jewelry, two designer bags, a pair of Rihanna Puma shoes and two pairs of Jordan's. "Thank you."I replied leaning over to kiss her. I kissed her soft pink lips but that's all I could do since Tristen and Lotiezha were in the back seat.

They both got a matching pair of black and red 11's.

"Thank you."They told Dream when she pulled up at their house. I let them out and got back in.

"Ard."Dream replied.

"You so nice to my friends."I laughed. She just laughed and continued driving.

"Do you have any classes tomorrow?"I asked.

"Yeah, one, why?"

"Just asking."

"You got classes tomorrow?"

"Yeah."I giggled.

"I appreciate this!"I smiled.

"What?"

"All of it."

"Ah, it ain' nun to it. If you ever need something, just text me."

She knows my situation with my mom. I had to tell her in order for her to feel sorry for me. That's the only reason why she bought me so much stuff. Deep down, I really do appreciate all of this even though it might come off as me just using her for money.

I just hope I don't catch feelings for this girl. That'll hurt her and me in the long run and I can't have that happening to us.

So Mother Nature finally decided to let it snow in Louisiana. And if you live in Louisiana, you know it snows every 10-15 years🙄. But anyways, yesterday was the first time I️ experienced the snow. It was soooo pretty and today its even prettier because it stopped snowing and now it's just on the top of the buildings and the ground. Call me overly excited but hey, this was my first time. #snow2017louisiana

C. Baby