Chapter 58

Alicia in M/M
Two Years Later
Vanessa POV

"Come on."I️ mumbled to myself. "It's time to go inside."

"I️ don't want to go just yet."Alicia retorted.

"Alicia—."I️ started but she cut me off.

"I️ said, I️ don't want to go in just yet."She repeated. I️ sighed and just sat back down in the lawn chair, next to my two year daughter, Angel. I️ had decided to let the two of them go play in the pool in the backyard of the house. It was getting late, time was winding down. We never really go anywhere due to Alicia's illness. The only place I️ do let her go is outside— the backyard. It's a small pool I️ got installed just for her to excite her life a little more and a swing set and jungle gym for Angel.

Alicia has been rebelling against everything I️ say for the past two years. She's five now and Mynetta is the only person she cares about. She just wants her other mom back and I️ want my wife back but sometimes, we can't have what we want. She's old enough to understand what happened with Mynetta so I️ told her a while back. She thought I️ was lying. I just let her do whatever she wants because I️ know it's hard for her to cope without her birth mom.

Angel, on the other hand, doesn't have any memories of Mynetta. Mynetta doesn't want her children seeing her looked away in a prison, so Angel hasn't seen her yet. I️ decided to name her Angel because it's a miracle that she came out healthy even though I️ was under so much stress. She's my little Angel.

"Alicia,"I️ started again.

"Mama,"She said back in the tone of voice I️ used.

"Alicia. Do not start with me. I️ swear you're never satisfied until I️ yell at you."I️ sighed to myself.

"I️ swear you're never satisfied til' I️ yell at you."She mocked in an annoying voice.

I️ stood up, picked Angel up and put her on my hip.

"Mama?"

"Yes?"I️ asked, looked down at her.

"Sista."She tried to point to the backyard as I️ carried her inside of the house.

"Don't worry about sister, she'll come in."I️ replied. "You just sit here and watch tv while I️ go get her."

I️ sat her down on the middle cushion of the couch and went out back.

"Alicia—."I️ tried but she cut me off again.

"Wait."She replied as she flopped on her back, into the water.  I️ huffed loudly and folded my arms across my chest. In seconds, I️ was kneeling by the pool. I️ snatched her up by her arm and pulled her to face me.

"Little girl, I'm tired of the back talk. Okay?"

"Whatever."

I️ yanked her out of the water and smacked her wet behind. She let out a scream.

"Alicia, I'm tired of it. I️ understand you want your mom back but you can't treat me like this anymore. I️ take care of you, your sister, the bills and every got damn thing else. I️ don't need the bad attitude."

"I️ don't care."

I️ smacked her behind again. She screamed again."How old are you?"

"Five..."

"Exactly, you're a child. And I'm 35, an adult. You. Will. Not. Talk. To. Me. Any kinda way. I'm not on of ya lil friends."With each word, I️ smacked her behind.

"I️ don't have any friends, thanks to you."She cried.

"I'm keeping you safe."

"Psh."

"See now I'm 'bout to go get my belt. 'Cause you keep playing with me. Think I️ won't whip ya' ass. Think I️ won't."I️ repeated.

She just stared at me. I️ let go of her arm and pushed her in the house.

"Get ya ass inna bathroom and get cleaned up for dinner. And see all this water you tracking up in my house, clean this shit up when you get out the tub."

"Yes ma'am."She responded before running down the hall. I️ sighed and wiped my hands on my shirt. I️f I️ have to talk to her like that just to get her to listen, so be it.

I️ took up Angel and bought her into the bathroom. Angel and Alicia share a room now so they share a bathroom as well.

"Can you draw my water, please?"Alicia asked politely, which surprised me.

"Yes, I️ can."I️ replied. On the inside, I️ smiled. On the outside, I️ kept a straight face. This is how she's supposed to be. Polite.

I️ turned the knobs to make the water warm for the both of them to get in.

I pulled the shower cap down on Angel's head and sat her up against the back of the tub.

I️ give them a few minutes of play time with the bath toys. "Dinners going to be ready in a few minutes. Get a move on it."I️ spoke as I️ grabbed the small towel and soap. I️ washed up Angel while Alicia cleaned herself up. Next, I️ put lotion on Angel and clothes her in a diaper and onesie. I️ pulled the socks on her small feet.

"Feeling warm and toasty?"I️ rhetorically asked Angel as I️ wrapped her in a baby blanket.

She just giggled and held her hands out for me to pick her up. I️ smiled and picked her up. I️ fixed a plate of spaghetti, broccoli and garlic bread for Alicia. For Angel, I️ fixed bite sized pieces of chicken, cut up pieces of broccoli, and the soft pieces of garlic bread. She's more into using her fingers to eat instead of utensils and that's okay. She'll grow out of it as she ages and matures. For drinks, grape koolaid. We sat at the table to eat. It was a constant reminder to Alicia, that Mynetta was gone, when she saw the empty chair on the other side, so I️ got rid of it. I downgraded to a circular table for her.

Once we all finished eating, we went upstairs. I️ read them a bedtime story, tucked them in and kissed their foreheads. Alicia had a small bed fit for her and Angel was in a crib on the other side of the room. I️ walked straight across the hall, slid off my socks and got in the cold bed. My side was cold, but Mynetta's side was even colder. It's times like this that I️ lay awake in bed and wish that she was here. Here to experience our kids growing up. They're young so they're hitting huge milestones in life that she's missing out on. I just... miss her so much. She's not here to keep me happy, sane, and satisfied. I️ mean, sure she makes me smile over the phone but our time is limited. I️ hate that I️ only get five minutes to talk to her. She calls for me in the morning, and talks to Alicia at night. But tonight, she didn't call. I️ wonder what's up with that... I️ just want her here physically. With me and the kids...

C. Baby