Chapter 6

Chayla in M/M

Vanessa POV

I slammed the door of the suite and locked it. That maid, Chayla, really fucked over my day. But I know finding my parents will pay off.

I searched GPS for the all women's jail and found it after a few minutes.

"Looks like we goin' for a long ride."I stuffed Peppa in my huge shoulder bag.

We left the building and traveled over to Baton Rouge. I left the car on and cracked all the windows so Peppa wouldn't get hot. I don't trust those people at the hotel, around my dog while I'm not there. I got out and walked inside the prison.

"How can I help you?"The lady behind the desk asked.

"I want a visit with my mom."I stated, holding my head high and standing up right. "Who's your parent?"She asked, getting up from her chair.

"Ka'Mille Summers,"I answered.

"Officer Kismet, over there, can escort you to the back, where people visit inmates. And when you're on your way out, I'll take your phone number,"She winked at me. Uh, not gonna do that, I thought to myself.

I walked away from the desk and over to Officer Kismet, some buff looking Caucasian guy who was standing in a corner off to the side.

He patted me down making sure I didn't have any weapons on me. When he found nothing, he led me to the huge visiting area."wait here while I retrieve the inmate."He told me. He left the area. I sat down in a seat in the corner.

As I watched the officer bring her over, I noticed that she looked pissed. I grew nervous, now being able to face one of the ladies that I was forced to leave when I was younger.

He un-cuffed her, sitting her down. She took one look at me and that pissed face she wore, was taken off and replaced with a genuine-looking smile. That made me smile, just a bit though.

"Mother!"I snapped, jokingly. The crooked smile I was trying to hide, came out.

"Daughter!"She snapped back, making the both of us laugh. The moment almost instantly turned back serious, the anger in me trying to come out. I should smack the piss out her for forcing me to go to Detroit. Ugh...!

"You never even bothered to call me."I mumbled.

"I couldn't, I didn't have your number on the list. The facility has a paper with the only numbers I can call or get calls from."She replied.

I rolled my eyes.

"You probably don't even know my name or birthday."

"Don't get hype no, Vanessa. I had ya big headed ass."

"Tuh, whatever. Why are you and mommy in jail anyway?"

"I guess you're old enough to know. Your mom killed three people."

"So why are you here if mom did it?"

She took a deep breath. "I turned your mom in. Originally, I was supposed to kill one of them but I just knew the guilt was going to get to me. So I told your mom to kill her for me, but your mom didn't know that. She just wanted to get it over with so we could leave that warehouse. I'm guilty by association."

"Why would you rat my mommy out! You got your own damn self in trouble, stupid!"I smacked her. Thankfully, the guard wasn't watching us when it happened. Truth is, I've always loved mommy(Melanie) more than momma. We just clicked on a good level while momma was always trying to control me.

"I know, it's just... The guilt was getting to me."

"How much you got left in here?"I asked.

"Two years. Then i'ma come home and I promise i'ma make up for the missed time with you baby. I—."She went on but I stopped her.

"What about mommy?"I questioned.

"Oh, she's in jail for life."

"How can you say it like that!"My eyebrows furrowed.

"Like what?"

"Like you don't give a damn. I thought you loved Mommy."My lip poked out.

"I do, I love her with all my heart. Although we haven't seen each other in thirteen years, due to the situation but I still love her."

"Where is she, why's she not here?"

"Girl, you know how your mother is. Once a fighter always a fighter. She got into a scuffle with her roommate, ended up keying the girls neck. She got transferred to Gatesville, in Texas."

"Do you two still interact?"

"Ooh yeah, we talk every other day. I get one call chance every other day. She still gets my pussy we—."

"Okay! I don't need to know all that Ma."I shushed her. "So is she over you ratting her out?"

"She says she is but I know she isn't."

"Five minutes!"The guard yelled to use and he stood in his spot in the corner.

"I'll make sure the facility puts you on my log."

"You do that. I'll call you often."A smile crept up on my face. "I'll count down the days on my calender for the next two years."

"I missed you so much baby."She spoke lowly, her eyes watering. "Same mama. Please don't cry in front of me."I choked, my eyes were about to start watering if she kept looking at me with that sad face.

"Give me a hug."She mumbled as tears started to roll down her face. I got up and went over to her side, pulling her close to my body. I don't want to leave my mama in this mean looking jail. I wanted to take her home with me.

"Let's go inmate,"The guard said, pulling her arms behind her back to cuff her.

"I love you Nessa!"She screamed as the police officer dragged her away from me.

"I love you too mama."I mumbled to myself, wishing that I'd told her that was I was younger. I started to drag myself out of the prison but the receptionist stopped me.

"Can I have that number now?"

C. Baby