"His hair goes in a weird direction!" she points out.

"Weird for you! This is the style mom." she shakes her head chuckling.

"Okay, okay well what is his name are you guys going out on a date soon?" she asks.

"His name is Zayn Malik and he's coming here tonight. I know it's short notice but i didn't really want to go out and he didn't either so i asked if he wanted to come.. Here." My mother nods.

"Alright..." then after a pause she adds. "Looks like i can throw out those pamphlets on how to come to turns with you lesbian daughter." i groan as she laughs at my distress.

-x-

I spend five minutes, maybe more, walking back and forth in front of her house after i parked my truck. After checking my hair in the review mirror i got out, locked the car and came around the side. Then i sort of just stared at her house for a bit, fighting the urge to leave and fighting the urge to go up and ring the doorbell. I wasn't good for her. I should just forget about her. Forget about the dare and leave her the fuck alone before i get too fuckin invested. I think it's too late though. Groaning i head up the walkway and straight for the door. Before i can look back or run i ring the doorbell. Then i wait. Shit. Is this the wrong house? Did she mean tomorrow? Had I heard wrong? I should just go. The door opened but who i saw wasn't Emma but she looked damn well just like her.

"Mrs. Wilder?" i asked cautiously. She had the same hair and eyes as Emma. Same small skinny frame. The woman looks me up and down with her lips pursed.

"Yes." she replies opening the door a little wider.

"I'm.." she cuts me off.

"Zayn Malik. My daughter's told me about you." Shit. I'm in deep shit right now. She's told her mother about me. How much as she told her?

"Mother!" Came a strangled cry as someone thumped down the stairs.

"What?" her mom replied turning to face Emma.

"I asked you not to open the door." she hisses glancing at me then back at her mother.

"Well i couldn't just let him stand out there. He's been pacing long enough. I think he was scared." Shit she saw me.

"I know but mommy.." she says something quietly that i can't here. Oh so Emma saw too. Fuck.

"Come in Zayn." her mother says letting me pas her by.

"Umm Zayn my mother. Mommy, Zayn. Now you should go to rest you're tired." Emma says pointedly toward her.

"You're in a hurry to get rid of me." Emma puts her hand to her head and sighs. "Alright alright. I'll take a shower but i will be back out here to say goodnight." she stares at me as she says this. What does she think I'll do? Oh wait...

"So that was my mother." Emma says sheepishly hands in her back pockets.

"I could tell. You look just like her." she doesn't reply. I think she's listening to the sound of her mom get in the shower. When the water begins running she looks toward me. Her big brown eyes meet mine and she steps closer. I think she's going to kiss me but instead she reaches back and closes the door.

"Come on." she says quietly motioning for me to follow her to the living room.

"Did you bring any movies?" Emma says glancing over her shoulder.

"No. Sorry." i reply with a shrug.

"Shit." she mutters rubbing her temple.

"Why?" i question.