CHAPTER TWENTY ; A SWEET ESCAPE

★☆

CHAPTER TWENTY ; A SWEET ESCAPEalso known as;( trick or treat, freak; part two )

also known as;
( trick or treat, freak; part two )

★☆

STELLA JUMPED ALONG TO THE BEAT OF THE CHEESY POP SONG, SHOUTING ALONG THE LYRICS SHE KNEW FROM WHAT SHE HAD HEARD ON THE RADIO. Her friends surrounded her, all of them having had more than one drink, meaning they had broken one of their only rules. She stood out among them all in her bright costume, the bold red Hawaiian shirt contrasting to the darker colours they wore. From the moment she arrived no one she had spoken to realised it was her until her raspy voice shocked them, which amused her to no end.

"Are you sure you don't want another drink?" Leilani yelled out towards Stella over the music, her grip tight on her solo cup. Stella flashed her a grin and shook her head, instead grabbing the girl's hand and spinning her around. As the night drew on they all grew sweatier, and both girls were soon starting to tuck flyaway pieces of hair behind their ears. Leilani's clean white dress already had alcohol stains that would be a nightmare to get out, but for the moment, the goody-two-shoes didn't care.

Stella was borderline tipsy, but still aware of her surroundings – just how she liked to be. She didn't drink often due to the fact that she had no reason to, but she enjoyed letting loose every once in a while, especially since she was almost halfway through her final year of high school. Usually her parents didn't really mind if she had a couple of drinks, just as long as she didn't spiral out of control and wasn't a complete dumbass. Even though she wasn't really speaking to them at the moment, she still thought it would be a good idea to respect their wishes. 

She had brushed past Steve earlier in the night, and he had looked her up and down with an amused snicker, clearly tickled by her choice of clothing. He and Nancy looked sweet in their couples costume, though it seemed almost tense between them tonight. Stella had slightly picked up on it, though she was on her second drink of whatever had been mixed in the punch bowl and chose to brush it off.

"Billy! Billy! Billy!" People were cheering from outside, though the music indoors was enough to drown  it out. Stella groaned in annoyance as she was shoved to the side, her head turning to see the new kid pushing past her with Tommy H. in pursuit. She scoffed at the boy, it was clear he liked to cling onto anyone who could boost his popularity, as it seemed to be wavering after his fallout with Steve.

Her eyes lingered on the battle for who had the biggest dick by the front door, noticing that Nancy had left, understandably irritated by the competing boys before her. Though before she could interfere, Richie grabbed her hand and gasped loudly. She turned around and saw that he was now wearing Kevin's sunglasses and was pretty drunk, bouncing up and down like a child. "Star! They're playing our song!"

Stella's ears perked up for the change in music, before laughing cheerfully at the sound of one of the only pop bands she wasn't ashamed in liking, Wham!