The BAD girl is always more fun. - ch 9

Start from the beginning

So I stood there. Standing, unmoving for want seemed like for ever, but in truth was only a few hours. Then the doors opened. I almost drooped to my knees at the doctors expression. I knew what had happened and I started to finally feel week in the knee's. the world may have ripped the caret from under me but at least this time I landed on my feet, well my knees anyways.

****************************************************************************

Jeremy's P.O.V -

I sat back thinking I had maybe gotten through to her. I mean I gave her that question. That one worded question because I didn't think she would answer and I was write she didn't, but her words rang in my ear as she walked away 'Funny Last time it was me who asked 'why'' I sat bolt right in my chair knowing my attempt at trying to get through to her had failed and I didn't even know how. I turned to Kelly, she looked as if she was going to cry, she looked away from Madison who was now standing Dead still in front of the O.R. door, to look at me "it's not your fault you didn't know" she said in such a gut wrenchingly sorrow filed voice.

I shuddered and my body went rigid " What...what did I do wrong?" I stuttered. Kelly sighed and I saw her look at Madison's still standing form one last time before answering "I told you almost her whole life story, from the moment we meant right to the present day Jeremy. Oh I know there are things I don't know, she would never tell me the truly horrible stuff that has happened to her, she wouldn't want to make me feel guilt or pity, she hates pity the most I think. The one story I do know of before we meet was how she ended up at the orphanage. Her dad left her when the twins where born. She sound out later he had died in a car accident, but her mother always blamed her for her father leaving apparently. Then as six year old little Maddy was putting her twin brother and sister to bed her mother was in their lounge room." she held on to her shoulders as if giving herself a hug "she told me just after the twins went to bed she heard someone doing a drive by shooting, very close even heard one of her windows brake. They didn't live in a good neighbor hood you see. After the shots she ran out to see if her mum was ok. I couldn't believe how much she remembered I mean she was only six. She explained to me once that when you see something as horrible as that it's like a photo burnt in the back of your eyes. You see it every time you close your eyes. She ran out to see her mother had be lightly clipped by the bullet in her shoulder not much barley a graze even, but she was mad as ever. She was a drunk and a addict" Kelly was looking now at the back of Madison across the room as we spoke in hush voices.

I wasn't sure I really wanted to hear one of the greatest horrors in this girls life, but I was intrigued in her life like I have never been in anyone else's "her mother had told her she should have been there to take the bullet for her, that the world wouldn't miss her, Madison told me she just stood there a little six year old and all she could do was ask 'Why?' then before Madison could even get her answer her mother passed out and died that night from a drug over does." my jaw dropped. I felt a stab in my chest. I just simply turned around and pt my head in my hands. How could I have done that...I stuffed up big time. I mean come on. The one thing I try had to be one of the most horrific stories I had ever heard. A six year old being told by her mother that she thought the six year old was better off dead and then the mother dropping to the ground dead her self. Yer I felt like a complete ass!

After a while I managed to look up and Kelly was looking at me with a smile "what the hell could you possible be smiling about?" I said to her in anger. She smiled wider and wider until she was full out grinning "your beating your self up over the fact you said that. I knew you like her" my anger gone. Was I that obvious? Wait shit I mean I don't like her, why dose everyone keep saying that. "I don't like her I just...well I feel guilty that's all" I said with a huff. Kelly just rolled her eyes "sure Jeremy. Sure" she said sitting back in her seat and picking up some magazine. I growled at a loss for words. I got up and stormed toward the exit, but just as I went to round the corner and leave the front door I looked over my shoulder. Madison stood there staring at the door. She still managed to make the clothes she wore to fix cars look like the hottest thing on earth. I could already here the thoughts running through her head. I bet she was think, just waiting for the bad new. She would expect that after everything bad that has happened to her, she would be waiting for more bad new. I didn't believe in god or anything holy really, but right then I gathered as much faith as I could and sent a silent pray up to who ever calls the shots "Please. Please give her what she deserves. She deserves better" I said and then silently made my way out of the hospital with a destination in mind.