The images were grotesque. Crime scene photos of Gales death, his body without a head in the kitchen of my old home as blood surrounded him, and another dark set of crime scene photos of Jerrys death, along with mugshots of Markus.

I quickly looked away as I felt sick.

"Now without the head of this individual, and because whomever did this to them also burned their fingertips with acid, and did some other pretty gruesome things to this man to make sure we couldnt identify who it might be, we can only assume it is your step father Gale Anthony." He waited for a reaction from me of any sort, as I just gulped, knowing I wouldnt be able to fake empathy for the man that abused me for years. Even though a couple of weeks ago, it pained me to have him dead, it was not that I would miss him.

It was because Jackson had his blood on his hands now. And the fact that police officers were here right now questioning me about this situation at the moment, was the main reason why I was so upset with Jackson killing Gale.

"We know this is him because this mans body was found in your old home, and it matches the build and body of the Gale Anthony my partner here knows very well." Officer Wilkes pointed over his shoulder at his partner, as I then noticed the way he looked at me.

And I remembered his face then. He was one of the men that had hurt me along with his friend that Jackson killed the day he took me from Gale. And as the medicine was beginning to wear off and I was coming back to my full senses, I felt my abdomen begin to ache in a now burning pain as dread filled my stomach.

"On the other hand, this man right here has been in our records for decades as one of our top most wanted men in the state. Jerry Crewmen." He pointed at the photo of Jerry as I kept my eyes focused on his, blinking to hide the tears. "Along with this man who has been missing for years ." He averted his attention to Markus' mugshot then as I felt my eyes water even more, and my throat close at all this information.

They were going to take me to jail. Or worse, his partner would get a hold of me someway somehow and end up abusing me just like Gale had done for years.

"Ebony, we are not accusing you of doing any of this. But what we need from you, is to tell us who this person is." Officer Wilkes dropped one last photo on my lap, as I felt my hands shake even more as the same image that Jerry and I had looked over of Gales killer sat on my legs.

And as I picked up the image, examining it, I knew I couldn't just give him up like that. Who knows what would happen if Jackson just stepped back into this room, and they took him away from me.

"Im sorry b-b-but," I let out a deep breath as I felt myself begin to stutter as I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath before opening them as I said,  "I don't know who this is." I then cast my eyes up to Officer Wilkes as I tried to keep my eye contact with him stable.

And just as I felt the tension rise in the room, the door opened and as I looked towards it, Jackson stepped into the room as I nearly let out a shocked gasp.

"Hello there young man, are you of kin to Ebony?" Officer Wilkes asked, as I knew deep down that he knew that Jackson and I were nowhere near related.

And as Officer Wilkes stepped forward and extended his hand to Jackson, Jackson only looked down at it and then looked back up to Officer Wilkes as he shook his head no. "I'm her boyfriend, and if you'd excuse me I'd like to be with her right now." Jackson said, not even waiting for Officer Wilkes to move out of the way as he pushed past him and I noticed the way that the foreign man eyed Jackson, as Jackson did the same to him.