Chapter 29

third person

It had been a few days since the Boyce family arrived in Canada. Elena had narrowly avoided Cameron for the time being and he was getting sick of it. Granted, he didn't put much effort in trying to sought her out after she gave him the cold shoulder in the car. But he was determined to get her alone to hash out their issues. Kind of like improvised couples counselling, he thought.

Elena's mother had taken the Boyce family out for a day on the town and Cameron had managed to weasel his way out of going by faking sick. It's not like anyone bought it but they figured the two teens needed time to themselves to talk.

Cameron paced around in the guest room him and Maya had been staying in as he thought about what he was going to say to her. In a way, he already knew. He knew every single word and movement he was going to make the second he opened her door, but at the same time, he was lost. He wanted it to go perfectly. He needed her to know what he was thinking and where he was coming from. But it was going to be difficult to get her to understand when she was so hell bent on hating him for the rest of her life.

Cameron sighed as he tugged at the roots of his hair. He was stressed, that much was obvious. All he wanted was to have her back in his arms again but he really didn't think that was going to happen. Deciding to bite the bullet, Cameron exited his room and walked over to Elena's bedroom.

Her bedroom door abruptly opening and closing scared the living daylights out of Elena. "Cameron," She breathed, her brows furrowed. "What are you doing in here?" She asked, closing her laptop and placing it on her desk. "We need to talk." He stated, crossing his arms over his chest. "We have talked." Elena huffed, rolling her eyes. "No, Elena. You talked and I listened. Now it's time we have a real discussion."

"Fine." Said the brunette. "Then talk." That was all Cameron needed to hear before he released everything that was sitting in his mind. "I fucked up. I get that. But I never wanted to hurt you, intentionally or otherwise. Rose showing up threw me off guard and I had no idea what I was doing. I take full responsibility for what I did and I'm not asking you to forget about it, I'm asking you to forgive me."

Silence.

"Other than that one moment of weakness, I never did anything to mistreat you. I treated you like the queen you are, never forget that. What we had was real, Elena. Can't you feel it. This," He said, motioning between the two of them as he stepped closer to her. "This is real." Pursing her lips, Elena uncrossed her arms and stepped closer to Cameron. "This was real. You threw it all away the moment you agreed to talk to her. You never cared about me. Not if you were so easily swayed." She scoffed. "Of course I cared! You can't keep throwing this back in my face, it's getting us no where!"

"Quite frankly, Cameron, I don't care. You hurt me, bad. I have never felt so emotionally unavailable as I did when I walked in on that atrocity. You gave me up without a second thought. All for five seconds of bliss with that-that slut." As the self-proclaimed feminist that she was, Elena was totally against slut shaming. But not when it came to Rose. As far as Elena was concerned, that bitch could rot in hell.

"Fuck, El. I know, okay? I know. And I regret every second I spent with her. You mean more to me than she ever could and deep down, you know that. That's why you're so afraid to let me back in. Because you know that if you let on how much you still care, you're giving me the power to hurt you all over again. Do you think I wanted to hurt you? Well, I didn't. I really fucking didn't. It crushed me when I saw you run out of the house with tears streaming down your face. You can't keep hating me for this!" He shouted. Tears glossed over Elena's eyes as she stared straight into Cameron's. 

"Why shouldn't I?" She asked, her voice firm and strong. "Because I fucking love you!" Cameron shouted, shocking the girl before him. "I'm in love with you, Elena Parker."

Her mouth fell agape, forming an 'o' shape as she stared at him in shock. "You love me?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper as a single tear fell from her eye. "Of course I do. I have since the first time you kissed me. I've never felt this way about anyone and it scared me. I think that's why I kissed Rose. Because I was so scared of being hurt again that I pushed you away. And I am so, so sorry." He responded, his voice cracking on the last syllable. Shocking them both, Elena wrapped her arms tightly around Cameron's neck and smashed their lips together.

They could taste each other's salty tears as they kissed but they couldn't care less. This moment held so much emotion for the both of them and they wanted this moment to last forever. The pair stumbled towards Elena's bed, never breaking the kiss.

They scrambled to remove each others clothes in an attempt to be closer. They were soon left in nothing but their undergarments that barely kept them clothed. "You are so beautiful." Cameron mumbled against Elena's neck. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Cameron asked her.

Without a word, Elena nodded her head and attached their lips again, revealing all her emotions to him in one simple action. She felt him reach of a condom from her drawer and she smiled softly. As their love fest continued, she knew that this was the moment she had been waiting for.

All of the pain she went through, they went through, led here. They had gone through so much together and she thanked the heavens above for all of it. Because the truth is, if Rose never came back her and Cameron wouldn't have this bond that proves how much they care for one another. So in a way, Elena was thankful for Rose. Because she ended up with Cameron in the end and Rose gets to sit on the sidelines and watch as the only good thing she had slips away from her.

She loved Cameron. She knew she did the second she saw Cameron with Rose. That feeling of disappointment and anger wouldn't have lasted for this long and weighed so heavily on her if she didn't. Love was a funny thing. But God, was Elena happy.

When the pair collapsed next to each other on the bed, a sloppy smile made its way onto their faces. "I love you Cameron." Elena spoke, looking at the boy next to her. "And I love you, Elena."

+

the book is coming to a close! it's been an amazing journey and I am so thankful for every single one of you that has clicked on this story. there's one more chapter then an epilogue.