Chapter 20

"Elena! Elena wake up!"

"What?" I grumbled, stirring in my bed. "Today's the day I meet Booboo Stewart!" Vanessa squeals. I let out a groan and stuff my face deeper into my pillow. "Come on! Get up." I pull the covers over my head only for them to be yanked off of me seconds later.

"Okay. Okay! Fine, I'm up." Reluctantly, I open my eyes and sit up. Sam and Alex were perched on the floor playing on their phones while Vanessa was jumping up and down excitedly on my bed.

I checked the time on my phone and groaned again before sending daggers at Vanessa. "It's eight am! Why are you even here this early?" I exclaimed. "Obviously because I'm going to meet my childhood boyfriend today. Geez El, get with the program."

"I hate you, you know that?" I asked, getting out of bed. "No you don't!" she calls before I shut the bathroom door. I brush my teeth and take a quick shower. Once I'm done, I wrap one towel around my body and another around my hair.

I step back out into my room and see Vanessa laying in my bed on her phone. "Where are the guys?" I ask, seeing as they were no longer in the room. "They're hanging out with Cameron. He said he'd have them back before everyone got here."

They went out with Cameron?

"Okay. I'm gonna get ready and then we'll hang out." she nods and I walk over to my closet to pick out my outfit.

Plugging in my straightener to let it heat up, I turn to Vanessa

Plugging in my straightener to let it heat up, I turn to Vanessa. "So what's been going on? We hardly talk anymore." Vanessa says from my bed. "What are you talking about? We talk all the time." I respond, starting to apply my makeup. "Well for starters, you didn't even tell me you and Cameron started dating." she pointed out. "Okay, yeah. You've got a point."

"You've also been hanging up on me to hang out with other people." I put my mascara down and turn to face her. "Is that what this is about? You think I'm going to leave you for other people?"

She looks down at her hands and twiddles her fingers, a nervous habit she picked up in elementary school. "Vanessa, you're my bestfriend. Yeah I have other friends and other people I'm close with, but no one could take your place. Remember that okay?" I said, placing a comforting hand on her knee.

"Yeah, you're right. I was just scared that maybe, you wouldn't want to come back to Canada." She muttered. "Why would you think that?" I asked as I finish my makeup and start doing my hair.

"Well, look at you. You have a great life here, and you've only been here for a month. You have a boyfriend, a whole new set of friends, hell, you've even gone to a movie premiere."

I remain silent and place my straightener on the floor.

She was right. I do have a great life here. I have amazing friends and an incredible boyfriend. But I don't have my family and I don't have my bestfriends.

"Vanessa, of course I'll be sad when I have to leave, but I will always come home." She smiles at me, then engulfs me in a hug. "I love you." She mumbles.