Chapter 2

Friday rolled around way too quickly. By now I was all packed and the walls of my room looked bare.

Slinging my backpack over my shoulder, I head out the door. For some reason, I wanted to walk to school today. I wanted to admire the beauty of the city on the way there one last time before I leave.

But, walking to school also meant having to leave an hour earlier. I pop my earphones in and the voice of Billie Joel Armstrong filled my ears.

About twenty minutes into my walk I decided to stop at Tim Hortons. At this time in the morning it's usually quite busy so I was surprised to see it practically empty.

"Just a small ice cap and a chocolate chip muffin please." I smile at the girl.

Once I've paid and received my order, I continue my journey to school.

I walk into the student foyer sipping on my ice cap and grow confused when I see Alex, Sam, and Vanessa standing around my locker.

I slowly make my way towards them and once they spot me a smile spreads on everyone's face.

My eyebrows furrow together and when I see my locker my eyes start to well up with tears.

They had almost everyone in school, including themselves, sign my locker and say something sweet. Almost all of them pretty much just said something along the lines of 'we'll miss you so much' but one really sticks out.

It read: Dear Elena, oh sweet sweet Elena, we will always be together at heart. you will be truly missed and i will try to keep Vanessa in check. btw don't worry about Lenny. i'll make sure he grows into the beautiful plant he was born to be! i'll miss you bye babe!

I giggle at that and I see Alex smile out of the corner of my eye. Lenny the plant is a plant that Alex and I bought as a joke a few weeks back. I give each of them a hug and then take a picture of my locker before opening it.

I grab all my stuff for first period and everyone walks with me talking about how excited they are for the party tomorrow.

+

Everyone was standing or sitting somewhere socializing while some Drake song played in the background. I was walking around saying hello to everyone that had just showed up.

I pour myself a class of coke and almost spill it everywhere when I bump into Jordan.

"Hey!" I greet and give him a hug. He returns it and soon we we're launched into a conversation.

"You know I'm really going to miss you." He says. "I'd miss me too. I'm pretty awesome." I say jokingly and flip my hair.

He laughs and steps closer to me.

We continue our conversation but I can't help but notice that he keeps inching closer to me.

Soon enough he's inches away from me. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Shh, just let it happen." He leans his face closer to mine. I stare into those bright green eyes as he stares into my brown ones.

His lips are hovering over mine and I can't help but feel like this isn't right.

"Jordan." I say and take a big step back. "I'm sorry, I just, I just don't feel that way about you."

Hurt flashes through his eyes and he opens his mouth to say something but nothing comes out. "I'm sorry," He finally says. "Enjoy LA." He walks out and soon I hear the front door close.

I sigh and go enjoy the rest of the party.

+

The annoying sound of my alarm went off. But this time it really did annoy me.