Chapter 22

who's ready for some dramz?

Elena's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face. Vanessa and the boys had left for Canada a couple of weeks ago leaving me with a feeling of sadness. Nevertheless, Cameron was taking me out on a date today. We packed a picnic and had picked out a great spot beforehand.

I heard the shower running and knew that Cameron had just woken up. I was already dressed and ready to go,  excited for the events that today held. The doorbell rang, breaking me out of my day dream. I figured Maya had just forgotten her key yet again and skipped over to the cream coloured door.

To my surprise, it wasn't Maya on the other side of the door. Instead stood a girl fidgeting with the strap of her purse nervously. She was beautiful. Her jet black hair was as straight as a pin and flowed down to her waist. Her pale skin looked smooth and soft bringing attention to her bright green eyes that shone like emeralds as they looked up at me in kindness.

"Hi, is Cameron here?" She asked in her silky smooth voice that filled me with envy. "Yes, and you are?" I asked, awaiting her answer. "Oh, sorry. My name is Rosie." My breathing hitched in my throat, the carefree grin slipping off my face instead being replaced with a grimace. I opened my mouth to respond but was cut off by a third voice. "Elena, who's at the door?" Cameron asked, walking up behind me.

"Rosie?" He asked, his tone filled with surprise. "Hi." She replied shyly, the confident aura she carried with her earlier fading away. "What are you doing here?" He asked, clenching his jaw. I watched their exchange carefully, suddenly feeling out of place. I let my eyes wander over Rosie's features once more. She's so beautiful, I thought. No wonder Cameron fell in love with  her.

I was never one to feel insecure or ugly in my own skin but how could I not. Rosie was what every boy dreams of. She was thin and fit all at the same time, something that came natural. Her smile could light up any room and her eyes were so mesmerizing it was even hard for me not to get lost in them. I shifted awkwardly on my feet as I watched them stare at each other. "Can I come in?" She finally asked.

No, I thought. Cameron moved aside, giving her room to enter the house. "It hasn't changed one bit." She smiled, looking around. "What do you want, Rosie? Why did you come here?" Cameron asked, not wasting any time. She sighed and placed her bag down on a nearby chair before returning her gaze to Cameron. "I just wanted to talk."

Cameron glanced over at me and opened his mouth to say something before Rosie cut him off, "Who's this?" I sent her a weak smile and ran my fingers through my hair. "I'm Elena, Cameron's girlfriend." The shock on her face was evident as the words fell from my lips. "I'll give you guys some space. Text me later?" I muttered the last part to Cameron as I grabbed my bag and made my way to the door. He nodded his head and I exited the house.

I sped walked in the direction of Dove's house without thinking twice. I needed advice and Dove was like a big sister to me, not to mention Kelly is out of town with her family this week. I raked my fingers through my hair, my thoughts running a thousand miles a minute. I trust Cameron, I do. But Rosie is probably one of the most beautiful girls I have ever laid my eyes on and now that she's back my anxiety levels are through the roof.

They have a lot of history and based off of what Cameron has told me, he never got closer on their relationship. I knock loudly on the door to catch Dove's attention. It seemed like forever before she opened the door when in reality it was only a couple of seconds. "Elena? Are you alright?" She asked, opening the door wider to let me in.

"I need your help." I announce, pacing back and fourth in her living room. "What's wrong? Are you in trouble?"

"Did Cameron ever tell you about his ex-girlfriend?" I blurted out as I stared at the astonished look on her face. "Rosie? Yeah, I felt terrible when he told me about what happened. Why are you asking?" I intertwined my fingers to stop them from shaking as I listened to her words. "She's back."

"She's back? What do you mean she's back?" Dove asked, looking at me as if I had just escaped an insane asylum. "She's at the house right now. With Cameron." I sighed. "Oh," She said. "OH." Her eyes widened as she finally clued into what I was freaking out about. "How do you know?"

"Cameron was taking me out today and just as we were getting to leave, the doorbell rang. So obviously I answered it and poof, Rosie." Dove grabbed my hands in her own and led me over to the couch. "What did she want?"

"She said she just wanted to talk to Cameron. I couldn't stand in the same room as those two and watch her undress him with her dazzling green eyes anymore. So I just left, came straight here." The blonde sighed and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear before holding my chin between her thumb and index finger. "Cameron likes you, a lot. You don't need to worry about some trashy ex of his."

"Exactly. He likes me. He loved her." Dove's eyes softened as she stared into my own. "Babe, what those two had wasn't love. She wouldn't have done what she did if she loved him. I've never seen him as happy has he's been since you two started dating. You two have something special, don't let her ruin that."

"I'm scared Dove." I whispered, looking down at my shaky hands. "Don't be. You are one of the baddest, fiercest, most beautiful girls I have ever met. Rosie is nothing in comparison and Cameron would be stupid to not see that." I smiled softly and engulfed Dove in the tightest hug I have ever given.

I left a few minutes after and walked back to the house I now call home, hoping that when I open the door the green eyed devil will have left. "Cameron?" I called, walking into the house. Not receiving a response, I walked into the living room, really wishing I hadn't.

It all happened in slow motion. Her hands were resting on his shoulders and his were cupping her face as if he was afraid she was going to break. They leaned in and their lips touched, shattering my heart into a million pieces. I couldn't move. It was like I was paralyzed and all I could do was stand there and watch my relationship go up in flames. "Cameron?" I managed to choke out.

My voice sounded unfamiliar to my own ears. It sounded strangled and cracked as I said his name. My throat felt dry, like I couldn't breath. "El," He said softly, unwrapping himself from Rosie to face me. "El, I'm so sorry. I can explain."

"Save it." I snapped, blinking away the tears that threatened to escape. I turned on my heel and stormed out of the house, ignoring the loud footsteps following me. "Elena," Cameron breathed, grabbing my wrist and spinning me around. "Please don't go." He said, his eyes glazing over. I couldn't speak. I needed to get out of here. "Goodbye Cameron." I said, ripping my wrist out of his grasp and walking down the street.

I took the familiar route to the beach and violently wiped away the tears that made their way down my cheeks. I sat down on the big rocks on shore as I stared out at the water. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them.

I must've been there for hours. My throat was unbelievably dry and my eyes were undoubtedly red and puffy from all the crying I had been doing. I was in pain. Cameron has hurt me in ways I never thought anyone ever could. My feelings for him had grown so strong in the past two months that I've been here. Never had I thought that this much hurt could've come out of something so pure and amazing.

The sun was setting now. It was beautiful. I had turned my phone off when I got to the beach to avoid talking to anyone but thought I should turn it back on seeing as I have no other way to check the time. How millennial of me.

My eyes squinted as I adjusted to the bright light of my phone screen and as I suspected, I had many missed calls and text messages. Mostly from Cameron. It was 7:34 pm and I sighed. I couldn't go back to that house. Just thinking about it made the tears come back.

I decided to go back to Dove's house. She was the only one who I had told about Rosie and the only one I really wanted to see right now.

I knocked on her door, lighter this time. My body felt weak, like I didn't have the energy to do anything. The door swung open a few seconds later and her eyes softened as soon as they landed on me. She let me in and closed the door behind us.

Without warning she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. I let myself melt into her and cried. She didn't ask what happened, she didn't ask if I was okay. She didn't have to, she knew. She just held me. And that was okay.

+

hello i'm alive

y'all probably hate me right now LOL

what'd you guys think? celena or rameron?