Chapter 24

Cameron's POV

We had a cast interview for the Descendants movie today and to say I wasn't in the mood to go would be an understatement. Other than when I went to Dove's house the other day, I haven't left my room.

My family is starting to worry. I don't eat, I've barely slept, and my eyes are permanently red and puffy from all the crying I've been doing over the last few days. I know I don't have the right to feel the way I do since I'm the one that fucked everything up, but I can't help it.

Elena meant so much to me and I just let her slip through my fingers. I dressed lazily in a pair of jeans and a black button up, not bothering to touch my hair or wipe the sleep from my eyes. I slipped on my converse and exited my bedroom. Booboo, Sofia, and Dove were already waiting in the car outside and as if they weren't disappointed enough in me already I didn't need to add running late to my list of wrong doings.

"Bye mom." I muttered as I walked past my family and out the door without another word. I opened the door to Booboo's car and slid into the backseat beside Sofia, offering a nod to the cast. They all muttered their hellos and we headed to the set. "You look terrible." Sofia said softly with a hint of sympathy in her tone. "I feel worse." I responded, looking out the window and leaning my head on the palm of my hand.

It took us around twenty minutes to get there and to say the least, it was a very silent car ride. The hum of radio being pretty much the only thing that could be heard throughout the vehicle. "Hey guys! You're just on time! Follow me." Kenny greeted, leading us over to the chairs we'd be sitting in for the interview. "This is Sandra. The woman that will be interviewing you."

"Nice to meet you." She looked like any other interviewer I've interacted with before. Blonde hair, blue eyes, heels and a dress. Nothing shouting original. We all took our seats and listened as the camera crew counted down the seconds until we were recording. "Hey guys! Today we're here with the cast of Disney Channels new original movie Descendants!" Sandra began asking questions and I zoned out for almost the entire thing, only listening when my name was mentioned or a question was directed my way.

"So Cameron," She said catching my attention. "Your fans have been fawning over your new relationship with a girl named Elena Parker. What's the story there?" Just hearing Elena's name made me wince and I struggled to find the words to respond. "Elena is a family friend. She's been staying with my family for awhile." That's all I could say without completely breaking down.

"Are you guys together?" Dove seemed to notice my discomfort and swooped in. "We're all very close with Elena. She's really great. She's been really supportive with the movie. Speaking of the movie, we're all really excited for you guys to see it." I silently thanked her and sank further into my seat and fiddled with my fingers.

That seemed to put the interview back on course and I stayed silently for the rest of the time. "That's all we have time for today. So thank you to the Descendants cast for coming."

"Hey, you alright?" Dove asked, coming over to me after the interview was all wrapped up. "No, does it seem like I'm alright. I miss her Dove. I regret everything that happened, I wish I could take it all back." I said, my voice cracking on every other word. "I know Cameron, but you can't. You'll both just have to find a way to get over this and move on."

"I don't want to move on! I want us to go back to being what we were before all this shit happened. We were happy together. I want that back." Without another word, Dove engulfed me in a well needed hug as a tear slipped down my cheek.

+

"Thanks for the ride, Booboo." I muttered as I slipped out of the car and back into my house. "Hold it!" My mom said as I was about to go up the stairs. Without a word, I spun around to face her. "I want to talk to you. Come on." I sighed and followed her into the living room. "What's going on with you? You're not eating, not sleeping, not talking to anyone. And why is Elena staying with Dove?"

"Rosie came back," I said softly, playing with my fingers. "And I kissed her. And Elena saw." I could hear the shock in her tone as she spoke her next few words. "Cameron," she trailed off. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't tell anyone. No one except Dove and the guys know. And I intend to keep it that way." Without a second thought, I got up and walked back into my bedroom. With a heavy sigh, I peeled my shirt and jeans off before climbing into my bed where I intended to stay until my 100th birthday.

A banging on the door brought me out of my thoughts and I groaned. "Cameron!" Maya shouted, opening the door and walking in. "That is enough moping around! I don't know what went down between you and Elena but I am over this. We're going out. Come on." She ranted while trying to pull me off my bed.

"Maya get out." I said into my pillow. "No I will not. We are going to have fun!" After awhile, Maya managed to push me off the bed and threw some clothes at my head with the instructions of getting changed and meeting her out in the hallway.

God save me.

+

OKAY I KNOW THIS IS LATE AND SHORT BUT PLS DON'T HATE ME I'M REALLY  BUSY AND TRYING TO STAY ON SCHEDULE IS A LOT HARDER THAN YOU'D THINK WHEN UR AS LAZY AS I AM.