Chapter 25

I was leaving California in two days.

Until now I've been staying at Dove's, avoiding the train wreck that is my life back at the Boyce household. I've been at Dove's for a few weeks and my mom has since called updating me on her whereabouts and when she'll be coming to get me from LA.

I was undeniably sad that'd I would be leaving all my new friends and my life that I created here but I think it was time that I go back to Canada. After Cameron had finished doing press for his movie, fans had caught on that he didn't seem like himself anymore.

It doesn't help that I've gone silent on social media for the last few weeks. Rumours are circling the web talking about Cameron and I. Although we never went public with our relationship, Cameron's fans knew there was definitely something going on between us, along with the cheating rumours that have suddenly started circling us.

I personally felt bad that dirt was suddenly being smeared all over Cameron's squeaky clean reputation but paparazzi loved creating drama and news sites loved blowing that drama out of proportion.  

Today I was going back to Cameron's house to pack up the rest of my things and wait for my mom to return. "I'm going to miss you so much." Dove cried into my shoulder as she hugged me. "I'll miss you too. Words can't express how appreciative I am of you." She drove me back to Cameron's and with a few words of encouragement, I collected my things and unlocked the door to the house. "Hello?" I shouted.

"Elena! You're back!" Maya shouted, running into me and engulfing me in a hug. "Hey, M." I laughed. "Welcome back, Elena." Victor smiled as him and Libby walked me further into the house. "Your mom called and let us know about your plans. I'm sad you're leaving so soon." Libby said, sadly. "Me too. But I think it's time for a change."

The last few days all I've been saying is my final goodbyes to everyone and it's finally starting to take it's toll on me. Since I'm the closest with the Descendants cast, they're coming with me and Cameron's family to the airport to say goodbye but other than that I've already said goodbye to everyone else. I spent the afternoon with Peyton yesterday and Kelly spent the week with me at Dove's.

There's only one person left I have to face. "El," It was hardly above a whisper but the sound made me flinch. The underlying sadness in his tone was enough to break me on it's own and I hadn't even turned to face him yet. "Cam." I said, silently thanking God that my voice sounded perfectly steady.

"You're leaving?" He asked quietly. "In two days. My moms flying back in from England so we can go home together." The room fell so silent you could hear a pin drop, and it hurt me. I used to be able to talk to this boy about anything for hours on end and now I can barely look him in the eye.

"Is it, is it because of me?" Quick to protest, I met his gaze right away. "No Cameron. It's not because of you."

"Elena," He said, giving me a pointed glare. My newfound silence seemed to be enough of an answer seeing as he soon rolled his eyes and he ran his fingers through his hair. "Fuck Elena, I know I messed up but you don't need to leave the country!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Victor ushering Libby and Maya out of the room but I paid them no attention. "I just need a fresh start Cam. I was thinking about finishing my senior year there anyways! We knew this was only temporary from the start to begin with!"

"The living situation or us?" He said calmly although the cracks in his voice had shown otherwise. "What?" I asked, my own voice cracking. "Come on El, you didn't want anything to do with me when we first met! Not to mention, whenever I even brought up the idea of you possibly finishing your senior year here you completely brushed me off! Did you even want to be with me? Or was this just something to keep you busy while you waited for the next flight back home?"

"That's not fair," I said as the tears pricked at my eyes. "You can't cheat on me then accuse me of not wanting to be in the relationship." I said between gritted teeth. Cameron's glare hardened as he let out a bitter laugh. "Right. I'm sorry that not everyone is perfect like you." He scoffed. "I am by no means perfect Cameron. But that still isn't an excuse to cheat on someone!"

"Fuck, El, I know. How many times do I have to apologize about that? Rosie means nothing to me anymore. What you saw was just my closure. It's you I want Elena!" He was getting frustrated, so was I. "No Cameron, what I saw was my boyfriend cheating on me with his ex. I'm going to bed. Goodnight." I muttered, walking out of the kitchen and climbing up the stairs to my bedroom.

This day was spiralling out of control and all I wanted was for everything to stop.

+

I woke up early the next day. Not that I got that much sleep to begin with. After my fight with Cameron I had made the stupid decision to try and get some sleep which just led to me tossing and turning for hours until I finally passed out.

With only a little bit of reluctance, I crawled out of my bed and got ready for the day. After showering and getting dressed I tackled the task of applying my makeup which I haven't done in weeks. When I thought I looked presentable, I exited my bedroom and walked down the stairs where xmob was seated in the living room.

"Elena!" Raymond shouted, running over and engulfing me in a hug. "Raymond, hey." I laughed, hugging him back. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Cameron hasn't spoken to anyone let alone left his house in weeks so we decided, why not ambush him at his house? He's in the kitchen getting drinks." Lauryn laughed, hugging me as well. "So what's this we hear about you leaving the country?" Tyler asks with an eyebrow raised. "Ah, yeah. I'm headed back to Canada tomorrow."

"What? Why?" Taj whines, grabbing my hand. "My mom's finished whatever she was doing in England so she's grabbing me from LA and we're hopping on the next fight back to Canada. Plus, I need a change of scenery. At least for now."

Within a few mere seconds of finishing my story, I was enveloped in a group hug and fighting back tears once I realized how much I was going to miss these losers. "I'm going to miss you guys so much." I croaked. "Don't cry or else I'll start crying." Lauryn laughed with a sad smile. "Elena, since you're leaving tomorrow I think it's time we tell everyone." Raymond said, standing up. "Tell them what?"

"That we're madly in love and have been dating this whole time." He announced, grabbing my hand and placing a loud kiss on my cheek. "Oh shit true." All of us shared a laugh and Cameron returned. "Elena, you're up." He said, handing out the drinks. "Yeah. Well, it was nice seeing you guys. I'm gonna go meet up with Kelly."

+

"I can't believe you're leaving me." Kelly complained, taking a sip from her smoothie. "I know, it's crazy. This summer flew right by." The two of us were at Booster Juice bonding over our love for very berry.

"What's it like being back at the Boyce residence? Any bloodshed?" She asked casually. "It's alright. Cam and I got into a fight last night but it's nothing I can't handle." The conversation went on as the hours quickly dwindled down to closing time and time for me to start packing.

"Bye Kelly. I'll miss you so much." A tear slipped my eye but I wiped it away as quick as it appeared. "Keep in touch okay?" She said, wiping her own tears. "I swear." With those parting words I gave her one last squeeze and made my way inside the house. I went straight upstairs where Maya was waiting for me on my bed. "Hey Maya. What's up?"

"You're leaving tomorrow and we haven't hung out at all in the last few weeks." She said sadly. "I know kid." I frowned. "Wanna help me pack?" She nodded her head and we got to work filling my suitcase with all of my items.

We finished soon enough and popped in a movie before crawling back into my bed. "I'm gonna miss you." Maya mumbled, her eyes getting heavy from sleep. "I know Maya, I'll miss you too."

And before I knew it, it was morning.