Chapter 12

"So who throws a party on a Tuesday anyway?" I ask Cameron as we pull up at Lauryn and Taj's house.

"Cool people."

We get out of the taxi and pay the guy.

I pull my tight black dress down a little seeing as it rose up in the car.

We walk into the house and I'm immediately greeted by the smell of alcohol and sweat.

This made me smile, reminding me of home.

"I'm going to get a drink." I yell to Cameron over the music. He nods and walks off in the opposite direction.

I make my way to the kitchen, dodging a few people in heated makeout sessions, and fill a red solo cup with vodka and coke.

I spin around and see Lauryn standing there. "Oh hey! Elena, right?" I nod my head and smile.

"Great party." I say taking a sip of my drink.

"Thanks."

We soon get caught up in a conversation. I found out a lot about her and she's really easy to talk to.

"Well, enjoy the party. I gotta go find Taj."

"Alright, bye!" I had now poured myself a second drink and made my way out of the kitchen.

I walk into the living room and see the rest of xmob hanging out on the couches.

"Elena!" Raymond shouts, causing the rest of them to look over at me.

"Hey!" I say walking over.

"How've you been?" he asks, pulling me into a side hug.

"I've been good. You?"

"Same." I nod my head and down the rest of my drink.

"Want me to get you another one?" he asks motioning to my cup.

"Please." I say with a smile, handing him my cup.

"What do you want?"

"Vodka and coke please." he nods his head and within minutes returns with a full cup.

He hands it to me and I thank him before taking a sip out of it.

I take a seat beside Cameron and he looks up at me.

"Enjoying yourself?" he asks with a laugh. I nod my head and smile. "Thanks for bringing me here."

"Not a problem. Wanna dance?" I nod my head and take a final sip of my drink before abandoning it. There's no way I'm going to drink out of it after leaving it out in the open.

That's like, party 101.

He takes my hand and guides me towards the makeshift dance floor and pulls me closer to him.

A random trap song was blasting through the speakers and Cameron starts to grind on me.

I was surprised but I followed suit. After a couple of songs, I have an idea.

"Let's go take shots!" I yell over the music. I grab his hand and lead him toward the island.

I line up fourteen shot glasses and fill them with vodka. "Whoever downs seven shots first, wins." I say to him and split the shots up.

My tolerance is very high and I'm only slightly tipsy. I plan on getting hammered.

He nods his head and I start counting down from three.

By the fifth shot I was starting to feel it.

I ended up winning and Cameron was still on his fifth.