Chapter 8

So after that almost kiss incident with Cameron, he's kind of been avoiding me.

"So he almost kissed you?!" Vanessa and Kelly yell at the same time.

I called Kelly over to tell her about everything, but right as I was about to explain, Vanessa FaceTimed me.

I introduced them, but they were both way to eager to hear the story, to give it a second look.

"Hush will you. He's right next door." I say lightly shoving Kelly and turning down Vanessa's volume.

I don't really know where I stand with Cameron right now. I mean I still don't like him, but I don't know if I still hate him. I mean, I don't even know if he still hates me.

This boy is giving me a bunch of mixed signals here.

"Ask him out." Vanessa shrugged. "No, I still don't like him." I laugh.

"Like who?" another voice says from Vanessa's side of the camera.

All of a sudden Alex and Sam appear in the screen.

"Elena!" They both yell in unison.

"Hey guys! I miss you." I wave at them, a smile growing on my face.

"We miss you too. Who's your friend?" Sam asks.

"Oh, this is Kelly. Kelly, this is Sam, and Alex." She waves at them shyly and mutters a greeting.

"Okay well, I have to go now, but keep me posted!" Vanessa says, giving me a pointed look.

"I will, I will. Love you."

"Love you too." she says before she ends the call.

"Yeah, I gotta get going too. My cousins are coming over today, and my mom wants me to help her out around the house." Kelly says getting up.

I get up walk her to the door. After she leaves I get a text from Sofia.

From: Sofia
Hey girly! Wanna go shopping with me and Dove?

To: Sofia
sure id love to!

From: Sofia
Great! I'll pick you up in an hour

I go upstairs and change out of my sweatpants, and into some shorts and a muscle tank.

I throw on my usual makeup and leave my hair down natural.

After a while I get a text from Dove saying they were outside.

I slip my phone in my back pocket and open the front door.

They wave at me from the car but before I could close the door someone grabs my wrist.

"Where are you going?" Cameron asks, spinning me around to face him.

"To the mall." I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"With who?"

"Dove and Sofia." A confused chuckle leaves my lips and I wait for his reply.

"God, don't you have any friends of your own?"

"Yes, I do actually. She left an hour ago. And for your information, Sofia asked me to come along." I roll my eyes at him and try to walk away but he tugs on my wrist again.

"What? What do you want? If you haven't noticed, people are waiting for me." he hesitates for a minute but releases my wrist.

"Whatever." he scoffs and walks away.

I close the door and run over to the car, before sliding into the backseat.

"Sorry about that." I say sheepishly, putting my seat belt on.