Chapter thirteen

Dedicated to Mingles88

Raquel POV
I felt like I was on a move and I could sense a rush of air on my face. Then suddenly the movement ceased. I could hear voices all around me and they were getting faint as seconds went by.

What was happening? I began to wonder, but I couldn't open my eyes,  my eyelids felt too heavy. I blinked twice before opening my eyes, almost getting blinded by the street light shining brightly on my face.

I looked around me, confused about where I was. How did I get in the car? I remember sleeping at Frank's place. So how did I end up here?! The night was silent with the exception of a few cars zooming past me. I checked the time in the car and it was almost midnight.

Why am I in the car alone. Where the hell is Frank.  I began to panic.  I could make out some people huddled close together in some few meters ahead of where the car was parked. I squinted my eyes to get a clear view and I could make out three men in police uniform with one in a casual attire.

I got out of the car and headed towards them.  They all had their backs towards me with the exception of the guy in casual wear.

"Michael?" I called out with uncertainty, not really sure if I was seeing things right.
They all turned to look at me.

"Raquel get back in the car!" Michael uttered.

"What is going on here? " I asked unfazed by his tone of voice.

"Madam your husband here need to follow us to the police station for over speeding." One of the policemen informed.

"He is not... " I stopped mid-sentence when I saw Michael glaring at me.

"Please what police station are you guys taking us? " I enquired.

"Oforikrom " They gave a chorus answer.

"Do I need to follow? " I asked with a raised brow.

"Yes! we can't leave you out here alone," One of the officers replied.

I took out my phone and dialled Frank's line.

"Who are you calling?" Michael demanded.

"Frank of course !" I answered like it was a silly question for him to ask.

"Don't call him. I have already called Dr Yeboah," He scolded.

"And what makes you think I want to go home with you guys? " I retorted getting annoyed with his attitude.
He noticeably tensed up at my words with his lips set in a thin line.

I could tell the statement hit a nerve and had it not been the policemen he would have taken my phone out of my hands. I silently challenge him with my eyes,  using a seductive voice when Frank picked up.

God, I love getting on his nerves. He clenched his fist and I could tell he was trying to control himself. I smiled sweetly at him, trying to act innocent. He suddenly relaxed, putting his signature smirk on. I knew that look and it meant something was brewing in his mind. It definitely wasn't good.

He took hold of my hands and dragged me to the car when the policemen instructed us to follow them to the station. I tried to resist, preferring to wait for Frank out here. I was weak against him and he eventually won. He put the child lock in place the moment he dragged me into my seat.

"Stop resisting me, I'm doing this for your safety, " He reprimanded.

"Who told you to come for me and why were you over speeding ?" I retorted.

He looked straight ahead ignoring my outburst.
I watched him intently, trying to decipher what was going on in his head.
My phone vibrated on my lap startling me a bit.  I tried answering but Michael beat me to it and switched it off when he saw Frank's ID.

I huffed in annoyance and stayed silent. I knew he won't pay any attention to my words and I intended to save my breath this time around.
We got to the police station about ten minutes later and I stood outside refusing to enter. Michael headed inside to do whatever the policemen required of him.

I switched my phone on just in time since Frank call came through immediately. He told me he will be there in about five minutes time. I was glad I was finally getting out of there when Dr Yeboah car pulled into the driveway cutting my happiness short.

He made an attempt to hug me when he got to where I was. I sidestepped him, avoiding his hug. I could tell my action hurt his feelings with the look in his eyes. I ignored his gaze on me as I looked sideways.

"I will be back," he informed without waiting for my reply and headed inside the police station.

I smiled when I sited Frank's car.  I will be out of here soon.

I walked towards him and he engulfed me in a hug.

"Are you OK? " He asked turning me around with concern in his eyes.

"Yes, I am," I replied a bit surprised at his actions.

He was acting like I was just at the bridge of death.
He hugged me again, this time tightly and longer.

"Frank, I can't breathe," I told him and he loosened his grip on me instantly.

"My bad," He stated with a chuckle.

"Is Michael alright?" He asked trying to make his way to the building.

"He is fine. Dr Yeboah is here too,  so no need to worry about him. Please just get me out of here," I pleaded with urgency intertwining our hands.

"Anything for you," He replied and led me to his car, and opened the door for me. 

I thanked him with a smile and sat down. He eagerly closed the car door behind me and started walking to his side.

"Where do you think you are taking my wife to?!"
I watched as Frank froze in place, clearly taken aback by the sudden appearance of my husband.

What do you think?
Should Raquel follow Frank or Dr Yeboah?
Vote, comment and follow my account at Gyimaya.!!!