Chapter 150: Blade's Funeral

Andy's POV

I stood behind the podium and cleared my throat.

"You're not supposed to outlive your children, but here I am. I've been to 2/3 of my children's funerals and it's just..not right. Hold your loved ones close, because you never know what can happen." I sat back down, taking a deep breath. 

Ever since I heard about Blade's death, I've been so angry. I just hate that this had to happen. Why did she have to take her own life? Why did Brandon have to die? Why do I have to suffer through all these deaths? I just want to die so bad so I don't have to watch another person I love die. I want everything to be okay. I don't want to go to any more funerals. 

Gabe stood up and wiped his eyes, taking a deep breath in and then exhaling.

"I've loved Blade since the moment I met her in 7th grade. She has always been my first love, the love of my life, and she will continue to be. She battled against depression throughout her entire life and it was finally too strong for her to overcome it again. I wish there was something I could've done, but I know that I did everything possible to try to help her. I'll always love her and I hope she knew how much I loved and cared for her." When he sat back down, Bailey got up.

"I was five years younger than my brother, Brandon, and four years younger than my sister, Blade. I was always the baby of the family and I know growing up, my siblings kind of resented me for that. But, as we got older, we all became on the same playing field with each other and we started to get along better. It sucks being in a family with three kids because my brother and sister were so close with each other since they were so close in age. I was pretty far behind them so I clung to my parents and sometimes felt like an only child. When they were teenagers they went through that phase where little kids aren't cool so I was often brushed off and left alone while they went to [play with their friends. They ended up graduating high school and moving out while I was still going through the daily motions of getting up, going to school and doing homework. Both of my siblings got married and had kids pretty early which put pressure on me to do the same. I didn't want that. I was just starting a new band and I wanted to focus on that. But, no matter what, they were my older siblings and they were always there for me. Since they were so much older, they had a lot of advice to pass down to me because they had gone through similar things. As the three of us got older, Brandon and Blade remained close but I started to get closer to them as well. I ended up only being able to have one kid, but my son never had to feel alone. His cousins treated him like he was their own brother and it made me so happy to know that my son would have what I was unable to give him. No matter how many fights we got into, no matter how much they treated me like the dumb, little kid, I still loved them. I still do love them. I miss them more than anything. I fear that they died without knowing how much I do truly love them and how much I appreciate them for everything. I love you guys." She sat back down, sobbing as quietly as she could.

After the funeral, I went over to Bailey and hugged her tightly.

"I love you so much Bailey and they knew how much you loved them. I promise."

"Thank you daddy." She said, sobbing into my chest.

*****************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER