Chapter 99

Chapter 99

Colton's POV

It's been a few days after my fight with my parents. I'm avoiding them by leaving early for school in the morning and coming home super late at night. 

I was sitting in bed doing homework when my door opened.

"I don't want to talk." I said as my parents walked in.

"All well." My dad said as my mom closed the door behind her.

"Look, Colton, we're sorry. I admit we overreacted, but we had a right to be cautious. You have been known to do things because your girlfriend was doing it. But, we need to trust that this is what you really want to do. We'll support you one hundred percent. We'll go to classes with you if you want, we'll attend your baptism, we will be right behind you the whole way." My mom said.

"Thank you."

"We love you so much." My dad said.

"I love you too. I-I'm sorry I yelled at you guys."

"Let's just...forget about what happened and move on, okay?" My mom suggested.

"Okay." I said with a smile.

***

"You ready?" Sarah asked as I shut off my car engine.

"I'm ready." I said, opening my door. She walked around the car and grabbed my hand. I locked my car before we walked into the church.

We walked through the building until we reached the room that was filled with adults I had never seen before. Sarah and I found two empty seats and the pastor walked in after a few minutes.

"Welcome to the first Christianity 101 class. Everyone in here is either trying to become a member, wanting to get baptized, or just wanting to learn more about Christianity and our great God. Now, before we get started, I want everyone to state your name and the reason you are taking this class."

"Well, I'm Diane and this is my husband John Robinson and we are desiring to become members of this wonderful church." A woman smiled.

"I'm Meredith Johnson and I also want to become a member." Everyone went around and said what they were here for until it got to me.

"Uhm, I'm Colton Longsworth and I'm attending these classes, hoping to be baptized." I said nervously.

"I'm Sarah James and I'm here to support Colton." She said with a smile. Everyone finished introducing themselves and we all turned to look at the pastor.

"Let's get started, shall we?" He said, placing a box on the table and pulling a book out of it. "This, is the Bible. You will all be getting your own copy. I don't care if you already have one at home, this will be your class copy. You can write all over it, highlight, mark it up, I promise it's not sac-religious. You won't be going to hell for writing in a Bible." He said, passing the Bibles around the table and then dumping out pens, pencils and highlighters on the table.

I got mine and I lifted it up.

"Wow, this is heavy." I said quietly. I felt weird because I was probably the only one in this room that has never held a Bible. This was going to be a tough two months.

***

"Andy, Andy, Andy, please stop." Jessica sighed, placing her hands on my chest. I pulled out of her, still hovering over her.

"A-Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just way too tired tonight. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." I said, rolling onto the bed next to her.

"I feel so bad." She sighed.

"It's fine." I said.

"But, you're-"

"It will go down." I said, wrapping my arm around her. "Just get some sleep, you need it."

"But And-"

"Do you want me to go jack off in the bathroom? Will that make you feel better?" I hissed.

"I'm sorry." I heard her voice cracking.

"Oh God. Jessica, Jess, I'm sorry." I said, holding her tight. "I shouldn't of yelled. I just, if we weren't going to have sex, I just wanted to get some sleep. I told you it was fine that we stopped, but you kept apologizing and I just, I'm so fucking sorry."

"Andy, please don't cry." She said, beginning to cry herself.

"It's just, I'm your husband. I'm supposed to protect you but, I can't! I can't protect you from cancer Jessica."

"Andy, you don't need to protect me. Just, be there for me, okay? You've been doing great, just keep doing what you're doing."

"Okay, I love you so much."

"I love you too." She said, kissing me. "Now go take care of yourself in the bathroom. I can still feel you poking me."

"Probably a good idea." I said, getting out of bed and running into the bathroom.

***************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)