Chapter 2: Surfing

Chapter 2: Surfing

COLTON'SPOV
*One weeklater*

"I'M IN HIGH SCHOOL!" I screamed as I ran into my house. My parents just laughed at me.

"How was your last day of school?" My mom asked.

"Great."

"That's good." She smiled.

"Can we go down to the beach?"

"Colton, you just got out of school."

"Come on! Its hot, its summer and there's no school tomorrow! Plus, I have a competition next month."

"Yeah Colton, next month." My dad laughed.

"I need to prepare!"

"You've been preparing since April."

"Please!"

"Why not, Chris? We can invite everyone, make a family day out of it. Kind of like an end of school party for the kids." My mom suggested.

"Please dad!"

"Go get ready and tell your sister." My dad sighed.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaimed, running upstairs.

"Caitlyn! We're going to beach!" I exclaimed, pounding on her door. "DAD! CAN BRAYDEN COME?"

"Sure!" I grabbed my phone and texted my friend.

Colton- You're coming surfing with me

Brayden- Okay :)

I put on my wetsuit and walked out of my room.  I went down to the garage and opened it.  I grabbed my surfboard and strapped it to the top of the car before running back into the house.

"Come on! Let's go!"

"Calm down." My dad said as him, my mom and Caitlyn walked towards me. "Colton, put on some shoes."

"I'm just going to take them off anyway!"

"Colton. Shoes." My dad said sternly. I groaned and grabbed my sandals, slipping them on.

"Now can we go?" I groaned.

"Yes. Get in the car." I sprinted out but the car door was locked.

"Open the door!" I whined.

"You are fourteen, not five." My dad sighed as he unlocked the door. I got in, Caitlyn getting in on the other side. My parents got in the front, my dad turning on the car.

"Is Brayden going?"

"Yeah." My dad drove to Brayden's house and I went up to his door, knocking on it. Brayden opened his door, already in his wetsuit.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said, grabbing his surfboard, saying bye to his parents and following me to the car. I helped him strap his board to the roof and we got into the car. My dad drove us to the beach and half of my family was already there.

"Come on! Let's go!" I exclaimed as I slipped off my shoes and got out of the car. I unstrapped Brayden's board and handed it to him before grabbing my board.

We ran out to the water and put our boards down, sitting on them.

"These are some good waves today!" I exclaimed as Brayden and I paddled out.