Chapter 108

Chapter 108

Colton's POV

*Two weeks later*

I stood up once the plane landed, slinging my backpack over my shoulder. My two weeks in Hawaii were amazing. I learned a lot of new surfing techniques and got certified to be a surfing instructor.

I texted my mom and Cassie that I had landed. Cassie and I have talked more in the past two weeks then we have in the past nine or so years I have known her. Even though I had a lot of fun in Hawaii, I couldn't wait to get home so I could hug and kiss her.

I rode the escalator down to baggage claim, still texting Cassie. I got off the escalator and looked up, seeing Cassie across the room.

"CASSIE!" I screamed, running to her. I picked her up off the ground, hugging her tightly. She hugged me back and I swung her around. I put her down and I held her close as we began to kiss. I reluctantly pulled away, brushing hair out of her face.

"I totally forgot I have to grab my bag." I laughed, going over to the carousel. I quickly found my suitcase and picked it up, walking back over to Cassie. I laced my fingers with hers as we walked out of the airport.

"So, did you drive?"

"No, I got dropped off so I was hoping I could get a ride home."

"Of course." I smiled as we walked to the airport shuttle. We got on and I told the driver where I was parked. She dropped us off at the shelter and Cassie and I walked to my car. We got in and I navigated my way out of the parking lot, paying the attendant before leaving.

On the way home, I told Cassie about all of my experiences in Hawaii. 

"So, what are you planning to do now that you're back?"

"I'm going to find a job on the beach and save up some money to get my own apartment. I still need to enroll for classes at Santa Monica College."

"You're moving to Santa Monica?"

"Yeah, it's only thirty minutes away and it's right on the beach. I feel like I have a better chance of getting a job out there. What's your plan?"

"I'm enrolling in Concorde Career College in September at the North Hollywood campus to become a dental assistant. It's only like nine months of school and then I can begin working." She smiled.

"Awesome, I'm so happy for you." I said as I pulled into her driveway. We both got out and I walked her up to her car.

"Thanks for taking me home." She said.

"No problem, thanks for meeting me at the airport." I said and we just both looked at each other, smiling. All of a sudden, Cassie jumped into my arms and we were kissing again. I just truly loved this girl so much. We pulled away after a bit, looking into each other's eyes, trying to catch our breath.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked, biting my lip.

"I thought you'd never ask." She smiled, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I kissed her back, holding her close to me. We pulled away after a few seconds, smiling.

"I guess I'll see you later, bye." I said.

"Bye." She said, walking into her house. Damn, it was like we were giddy teenagers again. I got back in my car and drove home. I opened the door, dropping my backpack on the floor.

"I'M HOME!" I called, shutting the door behind me.

"COLTON!" Caitlyn screamed, flying down the stairs. She jumped off the landing, wrapping herself around me. I grabbed her so she wouldn't fall as she sobbed into my shoulder.

"Shh, it's okay." I said, stroking her back.

"Colton! You're home!" My mom exclaimed, my dad following behind her.

"Yup." I said, stroking Caitlyn's hair.

"And you got a tan!" My dad said.

"Well, I spent two weeks in the sun." I smirked.

"How was Hawaii?" My mom asked, hugging me after I finally peeled Caitlyn off.

"Beautiful! I'm definitely having my honeymoon there."

"Woah, slow down." My dad smirked.

"Anyway, I love it. If there wasn't so much family here, I would totally move down there. I'm actually tempted to if I can't get a business up and running here."

"Don't you dare move to Hawaii." Caitlyn scolded me.

"Alright, alright." I chuckled, holding my hands up in surrender.

"So, have you made college plans?" My dad asked.

"I want to move to Santa Monica and go to Santa Monica college for two years before transferring to USC. I'm going to spend the money saving up to get an apartment in Santa Monica though."

"YOU'RE MOVING TO SANTA MONICA?"

"Caitlyn, it's only thirty minutes away!"

"NO!" She screamed, storming up the stairs and to her room.

"Seriously, is she okay? She's sixteen! She shouldn't be acting like she's five." I said.

"I have no idea." My dad said, walking off. I sighed and walked up the stairs, knocking on her door. There was no answer so I opened her door and saw her face down on the bed.

"Caitlyn, I'm only moving thirty minutes away, and it won't be until I start college in September. Why are you struggling so much with this?"

"We haven't ever been as close as I've wanted us to be because you fucked around so much and now that you've finally got your life straight, you're leaving me."

"I know Caitlyn. I hate who I was these past five years or so, but I'll make it a fact to come back often. Okay?"

"Okay." She sniffed.

"Now, can I get a hug?" I asked and she nodded, hugging me. I hugged her back, kissing the top of her head. "I love you Caitlyn."

"I love you too." She said, hugging me tighter.

****************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER