Chapter 78

Chapter 78

Colton's POV

*One Week Later*

Sarah and I were sitting at McDonald's, having lunch.

"I think it's time for me to be completely honest with you." I told her.

"Oh?" She questioned, setting her burger down.

"I was gone from school for a month because I was in a rehab facility for drug and alcohol addiction. I was on a bad path but I got help and I'm a lot better now. I don't party anymore, I don't take any illegal substances, anyone you can talk to can vouch for me. I just felt like I should be open and honest with you at the beginning of the relationship."

"Thank you Colton, I believe you." She smiled. I smiled back at her and reached across the table, grabbing her hand.

*One Month Later*

"YES!" I exclaimed as I ran out of the DMV, holding up the sheet of paper with my picture on it. "I GOT MY LICENSE BACK!"

"I swear to God, if you get another DUI-" My dad grumbled.

"I won't. I don't do any of that anymore." I brushed him off running to the car. I stood on the driver's side and tugged on the handle.

"Uhm, who said you were driving?" My dad asked.

"I did. Come on! I haven't driven in a year!"

"Chris, just let him." My mom sighed. He tossed the keys to me and I unlocked it, getting in and turning it on. My dad sat next to me and my mom and sister got in the back. We got home and I saw my Great Grandpa Andy standing in the driveway next to a unfamiliar car.

"I CAN DRIVE AGAIN!" I screamed as I got out of the car.

"Grandpa, what are you doing here? Who's car is that?" My mom questioned.

"I just came to give Colton his new car."

"OH MY GOD! WHAT!" I screeched, running up to the car. It was just like my old one except a model newer.

"Andy!" My dad exclaimed, anger apparent in his voice.

Camryn's POV

My grandpa walked over to us, a smile on his face.

"What made you think you could do that without consulting us?" Chris scolded him.

"Calm down." I said rubbing Chris' back.

"No! I won't fucking calm down! He went behind our backs and got Colton a car! What does this teach him? Any time he fucks up, someone will be there to save his ass? No! If he wants a car he'll use his own money."

"Honey, he's just a kid."

"He's seventeen fucking years old! In eleven months he will be an adult, Camryn. We need to stop babying him!"

"Just let him keep the car. I know you're sick of driving him around." I said. He grumbled and stormed into the house. I turned to my grandpa and smiled at him.

"Thank you so much. You really didn't have to do that though."

"I believe everyone deserves a second chance. This is the last car I'm buying him thought because they're fucking expensive." He chuckled. "I'm sorry if I betrayed you guys."

"Chris is just overreacting. He'll get over it. Hes just worried about giving Colton freedom right now."

"I understand." He said and walked over to Colton.

Colton's POV

"Thank you so much gramps! I love it!" I exclaimed, hugging him as he walked up to me.

"Look, I gave you this car because I believe everyone deserves a second chance. You're buying the next car though, I'm done. Just, think of this as a late birthday present."

"I understand, thank you." I said, hugging him again.

"I love you Colton."

"I love you too gramps."

***

That night, I drove to Sarah's house and knocked on her door.

"Colton?" She questioned.

"I got my license, I was just coming to see if you could go to the movie's with me tonight."

"Uhm, I'll ask, come in." She said. I walked into he house and she closed the door. I stood in the entryway, staring at my feet until Sarah came back. "I have to go get ready, just sit on the couch. I shouldn't be too long." She said, going up the stairs. I awkwardly made my way into the living room and sat down on the couch. I had only been to her house once before and we were only in the kitchen.

I looked around a saw a whole wall full of crosses. I kept looking and saw more religious items sitting around the room.

"I'm ready!" She called, reaching the bottom of the stairs. I smiled and walked over to her, hugging her. She said bye to he parents and we went out to my car. I drove us to the theater, holding her hand the whole way there.

We bought our tickets and snacks, heading into the theater for our movie. We sat down and waited for the movie to begin. Every now and then during the movie, I would look over at her an bite my lip. We've been dating for a month and still haven't kissed. Every time I looked at her, I just wanted to hold her close and kiss her. I just have such strong feelings for her and I want to express them in every way possible.

After the movie, I drove her home and walked her up to her door. We hugged and I leaned in for a kiss. I hadn't even brought up the idea of kissing since our first date. She placed a finger on my lips and I opened my eyes, pulling away.

"I'll kiss you when I'm ready Colton, okay?"

"Okay." I sighed, faking a smile. I hugged her one last time and went home.

Caitlyn's POV

I had been doing everything I could to avoid laying in bed with Josh, but we ran out of things to do so here we are. I like cuddling, it's nice, but every time we do, Josh wants to move our relationship further. I'm not ready for that yet, I'm still a baby.

We were making out with Josh started groping my chest. I freaked out and pushed him away.

"No."

"Bab-"

"No Josh. I told you I'm not ready and I want you to respect that."

"Fine. I should take you home anyway." He said, standing up and grabbing his keys.

*****************************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER