Chapter 107: Graduation

Colton's POV

"Colton Brice Longsworth." I crossed the stage, receiving my diploma and taking a picture with my principal. I walked off the stage, took another picture and went back to my seat. I listened as my friends' names were called and watched as they crossed the stage, graduating high school. 

"Students, you may move your tassels to the left, signifying your graduation from high school." We all moved our tassels and a cheer erupted. "I proudly present to you, the graduating class of 2071." More cheers and people began to leave the arena. We exited in an orderly fashion and were released to go meet up with our families.

I walked out, looking around for my family.

"Colton!" I heard a few people and turned to see my family waving at me. I went over to them and my mom embraced me in a giant hug.

"My baby boy is all grown up." She sobbed.

"Mom, it's fine." I said, rubbing her back. She pulled away and my sister hugged me next, crying as well.

"I don't want you to leave." She cried.

"I'm only going to be gone for two weeks and then I'm coming right back. I still have to save up a bit of money before I move out. Besides, I won't move far. I promise."

 "Okay." She said, pulling away. My dad hugged me next, not quite as emotional as everyone else, but still holding back some tears. The rest of my family hugged me, telling me congrats and crying. Eventually, my friends made their way over with their families and thus begun the five minute long photo session.

After we finished, we got out of our gowns and went to dinner. Since it was my huge family, along with my friends and their families, we took up quite a few tables at the restaurant and I felt kind of bad for the employees.

*One week later*

I closed the trunk of my car, turning around to face my family.

"I'll see you in two weeks." I said. Caitlyn ran up to me and hugged me, sobbing. I rubbed her back, trying to get her to calm down. "I'll only be gone for two weeks and I'll text you every day, okay?" I reassured and she nodded. She pulled away and my mom hugged me, tears in her eyes.

"Be careful." She said. "And call me when you land."

"I will." I said and my dad hugged me last. They moved around to the front of my car so they weren't blocking the driveway. I opened my car door and put my foot in. I started to get in when a car came zooming down the street, coming to a screeching halt in front of the driveway. Cassie jumped out of her car, running up to me.

"Cassie?" I questioned as he hugged me tighter than ever before. She started to sob, her whole body shaking. "What's wrong?" I asked, grabbing her face, forcing her to look at me. Before I knew it, she kissed me. I kissed her back, wrapping my arms tightly around her. We pulled away after a while, just staring at each other. "Cass-"

"I love you Colton."

"Wha-"

"I'm in love with you Colton. I didn't want you to go to Hawaii and meet a pretty Hawaiian girl, causing me to miss my chance again. I am never letting you get away again. I understand if you hate me or don't want to be with me, but I love you Colton and I nee-"

"I love you too Cassie." I cut her off and she smiled. We kissed again, getting more passionate. We pulled away and I smiled down at her. "I don't want to start a relationship right before I leave though. I want to focus on my education. I don't want to make you wait for me."

"I'd wait forever for you Colton. Plus, it's only two weeks, I can wait."

"Okay." I smiled. "I'll see you when I get back." I said.

"See ya." She said, neither of us moving. We were drawn together again, kissing each other again.

"Colton! You're going to miss your plane!" My mom called.

"She's right." I sighed, pulling away.

"I'll miss you but I'll see you when you get back. I love you." Cassie said.

"I love you too." I said. kissing her one last time before giving her a nudge towards her car. She got in and drove off, allowing me to get in my car and back out of my driveway. I waved goodbye to my family before driving to the airport.

**************************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER