Chapter 146

Chapter 146:

Brandon's POV

*Nine Months Later*

My dad showed up at my house and I stepped out onto the porch.

"I'm going for a walk with my dad!" I called to Alex.

"Okay, love you!"

"Love you too!" I said, closing the door. We started to walk down the walkway and down the street.

"I missed our walks." I said with a smile.

"Me too." He said. We talked about life, what we've been up to. Last week was Casey's first birthday party and it was held at Camryn and Chris' house so everyone could be there. I got to see Elijah, who is now seven, and growing so fast. I can't believe I got to live to see my great-great grandchildren not only be born, but grow. I'm so grateful.

All of a sudden, we heard a woman scream down the street and gunshots. We both looked at each other, wondering if we should go towards or move away from the situation. All of a sudden, I saw a man round the corner. My dad and I kept walking, keeping our heads down, hoping not to get caught up in whatever was happening. All of a sudden, I heard a few more gun shots and I hit the ground.

Andy's POV

The guy who had just rounded the corner shot his gun at us and then ran away. I grabbed my arm as a sharp pain went through it. I looked at my arm and saw a bullet hole in it.

"Fuck." I cursed, tears coming to my eyes from the pain. 

"Brandon, are you okay?" I asked, pulling out my phone to call an ambulance. Strangely, there was no answer. "Brandon?" I turned around and saw him on the ground, barley moving. "BRANDON!" I screamed, running over to him and dropping to my knees. "What's wrong, what happened?" I asked as he groaned. Suddenly, I saw blood soaking through the left side of his shirt. I lifted up his shirt and saw that he got shot in the stomach and the chest. "Oh no." I said quietly, starting to cry.

"HELP! HELP!" I screamed, dialing 911 as I took off Brandon's shirt and applied pressure to his chest wound.

"911, how can I help you?"

"M-My son was shot!" I managed to say through tears.

"Where are you located sir?" I looked up and luckily we were right by a stop sign. I told her the corner I was at through my sobs.

"Okay, I'll send emergency over there right away, please stay on the phone with me until they get there. Where was your son shot?"

"I-In the chest and stomach."

"Were you hurt?"

"I was shot in the arm, but I don't care! I just want my son to live!"

"Where in the chest was he shot sir?"

"The left side."

"Okay sir, just apply pressure."

"Okay." I said.

"Brandon, I love you so much. Just hold on, hold on, please." I begged, my tears falling onto his bare stomach.

"D-Dad." He uttered, blood coming out of his mouth. He turned his head away and coughed up blood onto the sidewalk.

"Yes, what is it?"

"I-I lov-love you." He stuttered which made me cry harder. I hugged him and sob, letting my phone drop. Suddenly, he stopped breathing and I pulled away.

"NO! NO GOD DAMNIT! FUCKING LIVE!" I screamed, starting to perform CPR. I heard sirens and continued, tears blurring my vision. "I can't lose you. Please live!" I cried. The police and ambulances arrived. Paramedics got out and loaded Brandon onto a stretcher, putting him into the ambulance. Paramedics from the second ambulance came over to me."

"Come on sir, we need to take you to the hospital."

"No! My son is dead and it's all my fault!"

"Sir, we need to help you." After a few more tries, they finally convinced me to get into the ambulance. They started an IV and got a blood transfusion going to replace the blood I lost from the wound. They cleaned the area and wrapped a bandage around it to avoid infection before we got to the hospital.

Finally, the ambulance stopped at the hospital and I got out, being led to one of the empty rooms. I sat on the bed and nurses hooked me up to all kind of monitors and searched me for any other injuries. I just had the one wound so they sent me for x-rays to figure out where the bullet was since there was no exit wound. They also wanted to figure out the best way to remove it with causing as little damage as possible.

Once the x-rays came in, they began to prep me for surgery, wanting to get this done as soon as possible to avoid infection.

"Wait, I haven;t heard anything about my son. Brandon Biersack."

"I'm so sorry, he was dead on arrival. They tried everything they could but he lost too much blood." The doctor said and I started to cry again. I cried as they wheeled my bed through the hospital and to the OR, even as they were putting the oxygen mask on me. I kept crying until the anesthesia hit.

My son is dead.

******************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER