Chapter 58

Chapter 58

Colton's POV

*One Month Later*

"Do you want to come over for dinner tomorrow to meet my parents?" I asked as Bella and I laid in bed.

"Uhm-"

"I know it's really early in the relationship but I keep lying to my parents, saying I'm hanging out with my friends when I haven't hung out with them since before my last relationship."

"Okay Colton." She smiled.

"Great." I smiled and kissed her.

***

I walked into the house and stayed in my room for a little bit before deciding to approach my parents. I walked down the stairs to see my dad on the couch.

"Hey, where's mom?" I asked, sitting in the recliner.

"In the kitchen."

"I need to talk to you guys." I said.

"Camryn! Can you come here?" My dad called. My mom walked out of the kitchen and smiled when she saw me.

"Yes?"

"Colton has something to say." He said and they both focused their attention on me.

"Well, there's this girl I met at my group counseling. We've been dating for about a month and I think this is a really good relationship for me because we're both helping each other to stay clean and it feels more real than what Jennifer and I had."

"Colton, you haven't been single for that long." My mom sighed.

"Jennifer and I broke up three months ago. I finished all my required counseling and I feel like I'm ready."

"Colton, what happened to you getting a new job?" My dad asked.

"Dad, I told you I would get one when I finished all my counseling."

"These fines are not gonna pay themselves Colton. A new car is not just going to show up in a year. You need a job."

"I'll look for one this week, okay? Remember, I don't have a car so I kind of need you to drive me around and you've been busy."

"Friday." He said and I agreed.

"So...can Bella come over?"

"Ooh, Bella." My mom sang with a smirk. "I'm cool with it."

"Me too." My dad said.

"Great, can't wait to meet her." My mom smiled. I thanked them and ran back upstairs to text my love.

Colton~ Parents agreed :D

Bella~ Great :) What time?

C~ 4?

B~ Got it <3

C~ <3

***

The bell rang and I ran downstairs before anyone could get to it. I opened the door and smiled, kissing her before letting her in.

"Hi, you must be Bella. I'm Camryn Longsworth, Colton's mom." My mom smiled, holding her hand out to Bella. She smiled and shook her hand.

"And I'm Colton's dad, Chris." He said.

"It's very nice to meet both of you." Bella smiled.

"Dinner will be ready at about six." My mom informed us.