Chapter 15: So We're Running And Running

COLTON'S POV

*The Next Day*

"Hey." Cassie smiled as she walked up to me after school.

"Hey, let's go." I said, walking to my bus. We got on and sat in my usual seat. We talked a bit on the way home. We got to my stop and got off, walking to my house.

"I'm home!" I called.

"Hello Colton, who's this?" She asked.

"Hi, I'm Cassie." She smiled, extending her hand out to my mom to shake.

"Hi Cassie, I'm Colton's mom, Camryn."

"Nice to meet you." She smiled.

"Are you staying for dinner Cassie?" My mom asked.

"Uhm, I guess." She shrugged.

"Alright. Colton, your dad should be home in an hour and dinner should be ready soon after that."

"Okay." I said. "Come on Cassie." I said, leading her up the stairs and into my room. I closed the door behind her, since my parents had finally returned my door.

"So, shall we get started on this project?" I asked and she nodded. We sat on my floor and laid our materials out in front of us, getting started.

"Keep this door open." My mom said, opening the door and walking away. I rolled my eyes and Cassie giggled. We worked on our project for about thirty minutes before I started to not be able to focus.

"Do you mind if we take a break?" I asked.

"No, I need one anyway." She said. I nodded and laid down on my floor, letting out a loud groan.

"You can sit on my bed if you want." I said.

"No, I'm good down here." 

"Okay." I shrugged. "Do you want some music?" I asked and she nodded. I grabbed my iPod from my backpack and plugged it into my speaker, turning on Black Veil Brides' self titled album. I started dancing as Heart Of Fire began to play and she giggled. I sat down on my bed and quietly sang along to my great grandfather's voice. Cassie got up and sat next to me.

"This is really good. Who is this?" She asked.

"It's that group I was talking about, Black Veil Brides."

"Oh, they're really good." She smiled.

"Yeah, sadly they had their last concert at the end of the school year last year."

"Awh, damn. I always miss out on the good bands." She said.

"Yeah, they're like really old now. They have great grand kids."

"Wow." She said, her eyes wide and I nodded.

"Funny thing is, the lead singer's voice sounds different on every album." I said, getting up and walking to my iPod. I put on Knives and Pens and let it play for about a minute. "This album is from when the lead singer was like nineteen or twenty." I scrolled through my list of albums until I reached their last one and played a song from it. "And this album was just recorded a few years ago."

"Holy fuck." She said and I nodded.

"The lead singer's daughter even made her own band. Do you want to hear them?" I asked and she  nodded. I played one of their first songs and heard my great aunt's voice fill my room.

"What's their name again?" She asked.

"Stormy Copper."

"Hmm." She said. I played one of their more recent albums and sat back down. I pulled out my phone and showed her videos from BVB and SC concerts.