Chapter 66

Chapter 66

Colton's POV

Later that night, I heard rocks being thrown against my window. I looked out to see Bella standing in my driveway. I bit my lip and got back in bed, deciding to ignore it and go to sleep. I was not going to be sent to military school.

The next morning, I saw Bella's limo outside of my school and I rushed into the building. She just won't leave me alone. I got home from school and went up to my room. The door was open, I swore I had closed it this morning. I walked into my room and went to close the door but realized it wasn't there.

"WHERE THE HELL IS MY DOOR!" I screamed and my mom appeared in the doorway. 

"We took it off."

"Again? Mom!"

"We need to be able to keep an eye on you Colton. We can't really see through doors so this is how we're going to do it."

"Whatever." I groaned, sitting on my bed.

***

In the middle of the night, I heard rocks being thrown against my window again. I turned over and tried to ignore it but couldn't. I got up and saw Bella standing in my driveway again. She motioned for me to come out and I went to unlock my window but saw that it was padlocked shut. Dammit. I shrugged and shook my head. She pleaded and flashed me with a smirk. I sighed, biting my lip.

I started to tug on the window, hoping to somehow break the locks. I pulled as hard as I could, no use. I started grabbing random things around my room to try to remove the locks, still no progress. I groaned and gave up, deciding to just risk it and sprint out the front door. I got to the stairs and stopped in my tracks when I heard my name called.

"Colton?" I turned to look at my parent's bedroom door. It was still closed. "Colton." I heard again. I looked the other way to see Caitlyn standing in front of her door. "Don't go." She said, her voice cracking. "Look Colton, I know you hate me but-"

"Caitlyn, I could never hate you." I said, walking up to her and hugging her. "Come here." I said, walking her back into her room. We sat on her bed and she cried into my shoulder. "Why do you think I hate you?"

"You've been really mean to me, yelling at me and hurting me. You've never laid a hand on me Colton. I don't like who you've become. I want my brother back. My brother doesn't make me scared of being in the same house as him, he doesn't hurt me or call me names and mean it. You've changed Colton and I don't like this person. Please change for me Colton." I wiped away a few stray tears. I never knew my actions had been impacting her this much. "Don't sneak out tonight. Stay home, please. Just leave Bella alone. She's not good for you Colton. If you keep this up, you're either going to get shipped off to a military school hours away or you're going to die and I can't afford to lose you. I can't lose my brother Colton, not yet." She sobbed.

"I'll change, I promise." I said, hugging her tightly. "I'm so so sorry."

"I love you Colton."

"I love you too Caitlyn." I said, kissing the top of her head. "Try to get some sleep, okay? If you need me, I'll be in my room."

"Okay." She said as I stood up. 

"Good night."

"Good night." She said as I closed her door behind me. I walked back into my room and laid down. I really need to change.

**********************************************************************

Do you believe Colton will really change?

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)