Chapter 8: Depression

Colton's POV

*One Week Later*

"Colton." My dad said, shaking me awake. I opened my eyes, seeing the plain waiting room.

"What?" I groaned, angry he disturbed my sleep.

"You need to go home. You haven't left this hospital since you got here."

"I'm not leaving Brayden. It's my fault he's in here!" I exclaimed. He sighed and crouched down. 

"Colton. It is not your fault. Now get your ass in that car before I throw it in there."

"Dad-"

"Colton, I'm taking you home. Brayden will understand."

"Fine." I grumbled, standing up and following my dad out to the car. I got in the passenger seat and put on my seat belt, resting my head on the window. My dad got in and turned it on, driving us home. My dad pulled in the driveway and we walked into the house. My mom ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

She pulled away and started looking at my arms and lifted up my shirt, looking at my stomach. She checked the rest of my body and then grabbed my face in her hands and kissed my forehead.

"I love you Colton." I nodded and walked up the stairs. I got to my doorway and walked in. I reached for the door to close it but realized there was nothing there. I ran down the stairs.

"Uhm, where is my door?"

"We took it off." My mom said.

"What! Why the fuck?"

"Colton, you're depressed. I'm not letting you start bad habits."

"For god sakes, I'm not going to cut myself."

"I'm not taking any chances. I'm going to do random body checks, your door is going to stay off and you can not shave, okay?"

"Ugh!" I groaned, walking back up the stairs and into my room. I collapsed onto my bed and screamed into my pillow. It wasn't long before I fell asleep.

******************************************************************************************

I'm sorry I haven't updated lately. I'm leaving for Europe and when I get back I'll try to start writing again.

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER