Chapter 35: Make A Move

Colton's POV

*One Week Later*

I've only known Jennifer for a week but I think I'm ready to make a move. I really like her and I want to get to her before anyone else can. Every time I see her talking to a guy, I get insanely jealous. I can't bare to think of her with anyone else but me.

I was sitting in my bed, staring at her contact in my phone. I was trying to work up the courage to ask her out on a date, but every time I hovered my finger over the 'Call' button, I chickened out.

"COLTON!" I jumped and threw my phone, looking up to see my dad. "Finally, jeez! I've been calling for your name for five damn minutes!"

"Sorry dad."

"Anyway, it's dinner time. What's gotten into you?" He asked, bending down to pick up my phone. "Jennifer?"

"Can I have my phone back?" I asked, holding out my hand.

"Not until you tell me who Jennifer is." My dad said, closing my door.

"She just this girl." I said.

"Okay...and?"

"It's this girl that just moved here. I really like her and I want to make my move before someone else can. But, I'm too nervous."

"Just do it!"

"Dad, I can't!"

"You mean you won't." He said, presisng the call button on Jennifer's contact.

"DAD! WHAT THE FUCK!"

"Hello?" I heard from the phone. My dad smirked and handed the phone to me. I took it and held it to my ear, opening my mouth but nothing coming out. "Hello? Colton?" My dad punched my arm. 

"H-hi Jennifer." I stuttered and glared at my dad. He smiled and walked to my door. 

"Come down to dinner when you're done." He said and left.

"Hey Colton, what's up?"

"Uhm, I was just uh wondering if uh, you wanted to go see a movie with me this weekend?"

"Sure."

"Alright, cool. I-I'll text you the details?"

"Sounds cool, see you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!"

"At school." She said with a slight giggle. God, she's so cute.

"O-Oh yeah. See you tomorrow."

"Goodbye Colton."

"G-Goodbye." I said and hung up. I sighed and smiled. I walked out of my room and went down to the kitchen, joining my family at the table. I sat down and began to eat.

"So nice of you to finally join us Colton." My mom smirked.

"Oh be quiet Camryn, our boy was becoming a man."

"Ew." Caitlyn sneered.

"Aye, get your mind out of the gutter, will you?" My dad groaned. "He asked out a girl, right?"

"Yeah."

"And, what did she say?" My dad asked.

"She said yes."

"Oh, my little boy." My mom cooed.

"You guys realize I've had a girlfriend before, right?"

"Yes, but Jessica didn't count. You guys never actually went out on a date." My dad stated.

"Yeah, I guess. I doubt anything is going to happen between Jennifer and I though."

"She said yes to going out on a date with you!" My dad exclaimed.

"She said yes to going to the movies with me. I'll probably be too nervous to even make a move."

"Gross!" Caitlyn exclaimed.

"You'll do fine." My dad reassured.

"What's up with you and girls with J's? First Jessica and now Jennifer?" Caitlyn asked.

"I don't know, maybe girls with J's are just more attractive. Certainly explains you." She gasped and picked up a spoonful of mashed potatoes and flung it at me. It hit me in the forehead and I gasped. I went to throw corn at her but my mom grabbed my hand.

"No throwing food at the table. Eat your dinner." She said, handing me a napkin. I wiped the food off my face and continued eating.

*******************************************************************************************

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)