the only place to go is up.

It was around noon and none of us saw or heard from Nikki. I knocked on the door then picked up the coffee I made nikki. I heard a stumble then footsteps to the door. The door creaked open slowly. I saw a puffy red eye Nikki standing there. She looked at me. I saw a tear slowly creep down her cheek. I walked in and put the cup down. I held out my arm.
"Come here buddy I got you." I said while walking over to her and hugging her.
"Zari I don't know what to do." she croaked out with barely any voice. She put her head on my shoulder and cried.
"Nikki I'm really sorry i know you have like him for years now." I said in a soft caring voice.
"He told you about last night?" she asked. I nodded. She cried harder. "Zari how do I fix this I wish I never told him." she said.
"I think you two should talk it out." I said. She looked at me.
"But how?" she said in a barely audible voice.
"Well you just need to go up to him and talk about it. I can get him in here if you want." I said. She shook her head.
"No I look like Shit Zari and I don't wanna talk to him right now." she said.
"Ok. Wanna go in the basement and smoke a cigarette?" i asked.
"Yeah, could we also smoke some weed I need to just not think about it right now?" she replied.
"Yeah is it fine if hazel comes with us?" I asked.
"Do I really need to answer that." she said. I laughed. We went to my room to see Hazel singing to Emily. My heart melted. I love Hazel's voice. Emily saw me. I put my finger up to my lips.
"I love your voice baby." I said She jumped.
"Crap Zari how many times are you gonna scare me today." she said while getting up and walking over to me. I snaked my arm around her waist and kissed her.
"Ewww." Nikki and Emily said in childlike voices. I laughed.
"Emily can me and Nikki steal hazel for a while?" I asked. She looked at me and thought.
"What do I get out of it?" she asked in a sassy little voice.
"What if I read you two stories instead of one?" I said trying to barter with her.
"Ok you can. I'm gonna go mess with Danny now." with that she got up and ran away giggling.
"So why did you two wanna steal me away?" she asked.
"Well me and Zari were just about to go smoke in the basement and thought we should come grab you." Nikki said.
"Ok. What are you guys waiting for? Lets go." hazel said enthusiastically. I grabbed my pipe and weed then we walked down to the basement. I pulled up a few chairs. Hazel insisted she sat on my lap. I packed a bowl then lit it. I took a hit then held it for a few before taking another then passing. We stayed there smoking for a hour. I looked at the wall with amusement.
"Zari what are you looking at?" Nikki said laughing.
"I don't know everything is just really funny right now." I said chuckling. I looked at hazel. She looked so beautiful. "Damn." I said.
"What?" she said looking at me now.
"You just look so Damn beautiful." I said.
"Well this is where I talk my leave." Nikki said waking up stairs. I chuckled.
"Thank you babe." she said. I leaned in and kissed her. I love the way her lips perfectly form with mine. She smiled. I could see her blushing.
"What?" I said smiling.
"I just really love you that's all." she said.
" I love you too baby." I said then kissed the tip of her nose. She laughed. I put my forehead leaning against hers. I looked into her eyes.
"I love the color of your eyes." she said. I blushed.
"Hazel, I have a question." I said.
"What's your question babe?"she asked. I took a deep breath.
"Hazel winters," I stood up. Then took her hand and bent down on one knee. "Would you do me the honor and be my wife?" I breathed out. Her eyes started to water.
"Zari, I would love to." she said jumping up and hugging me.
"Really?" I said. She nodded.  I kissed her.
"I love you so much Zari. I can't wait to become hazel reed!" she said smileing.
"I love to too hazelnut" I said in low voice. I could see in her eyes that she was overwhelmed with joy. I smiled looking in her eyes. We walked up stairs. Emily came running over.
"Zari! Help." she said while hiding behind me.
"What's wrong?" I asked. I saw Danny walking around the corner. He had a beard and a mustache drawn on his face. I tried to hold in my laugh but failed horribly. Hazel joined in laughing. Danny put his hands and had a really sassy look in his face. I laughed more.
"It was all Frankie's idea he gave me the sharpie." she said with an innocent smile. I couldn't help but laugh more.
"It's not funny Zari I was having a good dream." Danny whined. It only made me chuckle more.
"By the way where is frankie?" I asked.
"Well he and Nikki went out probably to talk about the argument they had last night." Shane yelled from the living room.
"Shit really I thought it was gonna take a little more time than that." I said surprised.
"Well I guess they just thought It was a good time ya know." he said. I nodded.
"Anyone hungry?" I asked. Me's and i am's erupted from through out the house. I made some deer soup. Its like the middle of October and it's starting to get colder. Ugh I just cant wait till December for when It snows I love the snow. Also this cabin has this beautiful fire pit it only heats up this room but it's a good thing we have a wood stove in the basement. It heats up the rest of the house. We all sat down. Enjoying our soup I wondered where Nikki and Frankie are. I started to get worried. Where did they go?