26. Whimpering / Whispering

Harry's POV

When I opened the door to her room, I saw her sitting on the floor, leaning against the bed.

She was hugging her knees and had her face buried in between them. I assumed that she was crying, so I worriedly walked over to her.

"Rose?" I called, but instead of looking up, she hugged her knees tighter. I didn't notice at first, but she was rocking herself a little.

I hesitated before calling her again, "... Rose?" Again, she didn't move, but this time I could hear her either whimpering or whispering very lowly. When I got closer, I saw that the sides of her face were a little red, which confirmed that she was in fact crying.

I took a deep breath and stood in front of her, "If... you don't want to cook we can just eat cereal for breakfast instead," I tried to reconcile. Once I said it out loud I quickly realized how stupid it was for me to assume that, that would've been the reason why she was crying.

Her whimpering got a little louder but I still couldn't tell if she was whispering to herself or just crying.

Not knowing what to do, I shifted awkwardly. "Look at me," I said gently. She stopped rocking and hesitated at first but eventually, she slowly lifted her head and looked up at me through her eyelashes.

To say I was shocked by her appearance would be an understatement.

Her eyes were puffy and red and she looked tired. Her straight but now frizzy and wild hair was practically like a birds nest on top of her head.

She had very tiny scratches on her upper chest and forearms. I didn't do those. Her lips parted but she said nothing, she just looked at me as if she was ready to start yelling at the first thing I said to her.

I walked to her bathroom and wet a wash towel with warm water. I grabbed a brush for her hair on the way out and returned to her. She didn't move an inch. Just now, she was staring straight ahead with a dead look on her face.

I sat down next to her and grabbed her face to wipe it with the warm, damp towel. It's what she'd have done for me.

She kept her eyes closed when I did. I sat the towel down and looked at her. Her eyes slowly opened and looked me dead in mine, still no expression.

I tried to give her a comforting smile. I picked up the brush and handed it to her but she didn't take it.

"Do... do you want me to do it?" I asked shyly.

"We need to leave," her voice was hoarse when she spoke. I narrowed my brows at her and sat the brush down.

"W-we need to get out. This house, it's crazy," she started to sound panicked. A couple of tears streamed but she wiped them away.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. She started blabbering on about something— I had no idea what she was talking about but a name that she said sparked my interest.

"Wait," I stopped her, "say that name again. Ma—?"

"Manon," she whispered as if she didn't want to be caught saying it.

"I've heard that name before," I realized. I can't think of where but I have.

"Yeah. She's real. She's— there's a pict—," she stops herself.

"A what? A picture?" I asked but she looked away.

"Nevermind," She says lowly, "how do you know that name?" She asked me. She sounds calmer now.

"I don't know," I said in an unfortunate tone. She hummed.

"Did you sleep last night? You look tired,"

"No," she said in monotone.

"I think you need to get some rest," I advise. No wonder she looks and was acting the way she was, "come on," I stood up and pulled her up by her hands.

She stood in front of me with slumped shoulders and a half dead look on her face.

"Take a nap at least," I caressed her shoulder, "or... take a shower. Brush your hair. You'll feel better when you do," I smiled. She looked at me, then down and nodded, "Okay," she croaked.

I gave her another small smile before turning around and leaving her to rest.

Kim's POV

I'm not going to take a nap.

I'll admit, my little episode there was dramatic (and genuine) but it's not because I'm tired— as you know.

I waited and listened for him to do whatever he does to keep me stuck in here before shooting toward the armoire.

I pulled out the box of journals and got on my knees.

I insist on finishing this first journal.

Wattpad changed my category AGAIN! I'm sick!

BTW, when I finish this story (like the main plot) I think I wanna do little bonus chapters. Like Josephine's backstory, the story of how Harry took the other girls or other little side stories. I'd mainly base it off what you ask for. Like even if it's Diana's damn wedding day or something. LITERALLY ANYTHING.

Does that sound good?