39.5 [alt]. Happy

Alternative ending:

6 years later

This morning I got out of my bed feeling a little better than usual.

Today was Saturday.

Still, this morning was just like every other morning. I wake up, take a shower, make breakfast and wake up my [not-so] baby girl.

Nothing much actually happened. I guess I was just happy because I'd get to see Diana today.

Me and my girl, who is now 4, and our dog played around for at least two hours in the backyard. Well, I played as much as I could.

There's only so much that I can do with a belly that's a month away from bursting. My inquisitive child asks me nearly everyday how much longer until she's going to be a big sister. It's so precious.

In the midst of her speaking to my large baby bump, my backdoor opened which caught both of our attention. Her face lit up with glee and I stayed stuck in the chair with a small smile plastered on my face as she ran off.

"Daddy!" She squealed and leaped into his arms.

"Hi, my little Rosalie," he said sweetly to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He looked at me, grin never leaving, "Hey," he cheesed.

"Hi, Harry," I gave him a tight lipped smile.

When he noticed I was struggling to stand up he put Rosalie down and jogged over to help me. "Thanks," I caught my breath and he gave me a kiss to the cheek.

He stroked my cheek with his thumb, "let's go inside?" He asked me as if I could've said no. I gave him a sweet nod and he held my hand as we walked up onto the back porch and into the house.

In case you're confused, no, I never got away.

It's been 6 and a half years and I am still here.

Only difference now is that we have a dog, a babygirl and another baby on the way. So being in this house most of the time isn't so horrible.

I also get to leave occasionally. I'm not on a chain... instead, there's an electric collar that I 'have' to wear. After some time Harry let's me go to the store with him every once in a while. But he makes sure to let me know that I have to be on my best behavior for the sake of Rosalie. I don't entirely know what he means by that but I don't want to find out. It's enough to scare me into never wanting anyone to find out why I'm really with him.

To clarify what happened the night I pushed him down the stairs:

I ran and tried to escape but Harry caught me. He nearly killed me, the way he used so much force to drag and throw me back into that concrete room.

I was so weak and heavily injured. I'd broken two leg bones and fractured my hip. I remember there was so much blood coming from my mouth and nose. I was screaming so much due to the pain. The worst feeling of doom washed over me when he threw me back into that box and locked the door.

An even worse one came when I heard the doorbell ring and then some small noises. I didn't know who was there but I tried to crawl up to the locked door and scream for help.

It hurt so much and felt like it took forever for me to crawl up the steps. When I did, I beat on the door and screamed for help, praying that whoever was now in the house could hear me.

Shortly after I did that, I heard some more noise, then a scream and three gunshots. The sound of that scream shook me to the core, because I knew that scream.

It was Diana's.

The torture I endured mentally for the next two years and physically from Harry for the next couple of months was hell. I don't even want to explain it. Just... complete hell.

I was almost certain that I had died and ended up with the devil himself.

But now that I have Rosalie, it's been easier to accept this fate. Things got better. More neutral.

Of course, I could leave. Literally speaking. I could suffer the pain of the electric shock or try to break the collar off but if I'm going to be honest, that's not what I want to do anymore.

Leaving this place means leaving Rosalie. Even though I got her in a way that I had not planned, she is my child and I love her. I'll never leave her here. Surely, he would go mad if I did and who knows what he'll do to her when he's in that state. He hasn't had to go there in a long time and I never want him to again.

He also always has her near. Doesn't leave much of an opportunity for me to grab her and run.

I know I sound crazy. I don't expect anyone to understand.

But here, I have my children. And I have Diana, who comes to me on Saturdays, just like she did when she was alive.

It's not perfect but it's fine.

We're fine.

We're happy.

You can disregard this ending. It was just my second idea. It's poorly written and trash and kinda sad lmfao so I didn't go with it.

But with this one, Kim kinda ends up like Rose. I wasn't gonna implement Stockholm syndrome in Kim's story but in this ending, she eventually has it in the same way Rose did: Staying for her child and pretending that it's all fine.