10. Bruises

I tried to get away.

One moment I'm taking 20 minutes trying to silently and slowly move that couch out of the way without waking him up, then I'm running full speed through the woods not knowing where I'm going.

I never looked back but I knew the sound of the door swinging open would've woke him up.

For a short minute there, after getting pretty far without a sign of him following me, I thought maybe I'd actually gotten away free.

I'd reached a lake that literally came out of nowhere, I practically almost fell in it. I backed up and turned around to make my way around it but of course, as soon as I turned around, he was running toward me just a few feet away.

The pain in my chest that I felt from that fear was like no other.

I remember gasping, instinctively taking a step back and almost tripping on a broken tree branch. The only reason I didn't completely fall back into the lake was because he'd caught me.

I tried to fight him off and run but his grip was too strong. As painful as fighting him started to become I didn't stop. I tried punching, scratching, hitting and wildly wriggling my way out of his hold but none of it got me free

I remember him actually dropping me at one point due to my fighting but he quickly grabbed both my wrists and dragged me by them along the ground.

My screams and cries got even louder because I could feel my legs and back being scraped by all the rocks, twigs and branches. And my wrists— they were twisting in his grip and the fact that he was pulling on them to drag my entire body only made it worse. Still, I continued to try and kick and buck out of his grip.

I yelled all sorts of things, "let me go!" "somebody please help me!" "you're hurting me!" "please!" I've never heard myself scream the way I did.

He didn't care that him dragging me the way he was was torturous alone. It seemed like he didn't care that I was screaming either; but then after dragging me for about 50 meters he stopped, yanked me to my feet and shoved me into a tree as if he was hoping it killed me.

"Shut up!" He growled through his teeth. I managed to get a look at him and he looked almost unrecognizable. Crazier than usual.

He covered my mouth with his hand and made sure to press his fingertips into my jaw harder than he did the last time. His palm was pressed so hard against my lips I'd thought my teeth would come out.

He took his other arm and managed to wrap it around my arms and body and picked me up. Everything he did hurt.

I could see the back of the house start to come to view about another 50 meters through the trees and I guess he could too because he tauntingly growled into my ear, "you're going back into the basement and staying there."

"Noo!" I cried. Muffled due to him covering my mouth.

I gave fighting one more try. That time I'd somehow fought harder than I did before and I could feel him struggling to hold me. He was even losing his grip on my face and I got my mouth opened just enough to bite one of his fingers so hard that he yelled and then angrily threw me to the ground.  The impact nearly knocked the wind out of me.

Before I even got a good chance to get up and run I felt his weight on top of me. He turned me over onto my back and instantly, I tried doing whatever damage I could to his face while screaming for help.

From that point on, all I remember was painful blows to the sides of my face, and then blackness.

When I woke up, despite his threats, I woke up in the bed I've been sleeping in for however long I'd been here.

I felt pain everywhere. It took me a minute to become un-disoriented. And when I processed what had just happened, I cried like a child.

I tried to bring my hands to my face but I couldn't move them.

Not only did he chain my ankle back to the bed but he tied my hands together behind my back.

I maneuvered my way out of the bed and limped over to the mirror. The way I'd looked made me cry even harder.

I had bleeding cuts, scrapes and bruises all over my legs and feet. The white dress I had on was completely dirty and ripped in many places. My arms looked like my legs did. My hair looked like a birds nest and my face... my bottom lip was busted, there was a huge bruise on the side of my eye, my other eye was blackened and there were some small bruises in other parts of my face and neck.

I hunched over as I silently sobbed. I could've made it. I was so stupid to let the door slam open.

And all that progress I made! I'm back to square one except now I'm not even allowed to use my hands. I'll probably never get another chance to get away now.

I want to go home.

I'm so stupid, this is all my fault.

Even if at some point I manage to get away, I'll still forever be fucked up in the head because of all of this.

I heard the door open and I looked through the reflection in the mirror to see Harry standing in the doorway looking at me menacingly.

I gasped and turned around to face him. He clenched his jaw as he took big booming steps toward me and I backed into the wall behind me.

"Please," I pleaded once he was inches away from my face. He had a few scratches himself but nothing compared to what I had.

"You fucked up," his nostrils flared and I could feel my lip quivering.

I shut my eyes and turned my face away but he used his fingers to turn it back to face him. He did it gently but I still winced.

He looked me deep in the eye and I cowered under him. I felt like a child that was in big trouble with an abusive parent. I didn't know what to do other than say, "I'm sorry."

To that he chuckled. My eyes clouded with tears until they started to stream again. He used his thumb to wipe them away.

"Don't cry now," he taunted, "this is all on you. You thought you could try and run away from me?" He tilted his head.

"No," I whimpered and shook my head.

"No?" He raised his brows. He used his fingers to tuck a few strands behind my ear and I flinched.

"You shouldn't have done that, Kim," he teased with a very calm and parental tone, "because now I can't trust you," he shrugged.

"I'm sorry—," I pitifully begged for forgiveness again but he shushed me and shook his head, signaling that apologizing was pointless.

"It's a shame. Because if I can't trust you, then there's no point of keeping you around. Now I have to get rid of you and find someone else."

I slowly shook my head, "no, please!" I truly sounded like a scared child.

"Please, I won't try to run again, I promise, I'll do anything," you could hardly understand my words through the sobs, "Please, I'm so sorry!"

"Yeah...," he sighed and kissed his teeth, "they always are."

With that, he turned around and left me there, shaking and pitifully crying for forgiveness.

:)