4. WWOPD

"What would Olivia Pope do"

——————————

My kidnapper came back some time later.

I can't tell you how many hours later. By now I've lost my sense of time.

I was half asleep when he came (still not on that mattress). I heard a clatter where my back was facing and quickly woke up an turned around.

He looked as startled as I did. This was the closest I've been to him since he carried me in here. I mean, he was literally squatting to where he was on my level. Our faces were probably just a little more than a foot apart. We froze for a moment and stared at each other dead in the eye.

My first thought was that I should fight him now that he was in my reach. Try to kill him or knock him out as quick as I could. Then I realized that would completely backfire because he'd be dead, but I'd still be chained down here.

I looked down to see that the clatter was from him setting down a plate of food. It was a short sub I'm assuming he made and some chips. My stomach started grumbling immediately and I didn't even hesitate to start eating it.

I hadn't even realized how hungry how was. How long have I even been here?

The man in front of me quietly stood up. "Wait-," I said with a stuffed mouth. He looked down at me blankly.

"How long have I been here?"

"A full day and a half," he responded. My eyes widened a bit.

"Seriously?" I honestly felt like I'd been here a little longer. He twisted his mouth and gave a brief nod.

Suddenly, I became aware of how heavy my bladder felt. I guess I've been subconsciously neglecting it.

I swallowed the food that was in my mouth, "I have to pee," I looked up at him the way a child who was begging for something would.

I rose up onto my knees, "please," I begged.

He exhaled and walked toward the staircase to grab something else he must've brought. My face fell when I saw what it was.

He came back and sat a bucket in the space between us and I gave him an offended look. "Are you crazy? That's disgusting!" I complained. There was no way I was going to do my business in a bucket.

He gave me an angrily surprised look. As if I had a lot of nerve to deny or demand anything. I continued anyways.

"I need a real bathroom. With tissue, a flushing toilet and a sink to wash my hands in afterwards."

I glared and him and I could tell he was probably going to say no again because he "hadn't trained me"... (whatever that means) so I switched my tone.

"I won't try anything I swear. Please just... take me to the restroom," I started to squirm.

He looked down for a moment and quietly sighed. He the reached into his pocket and pulled out two of those nylon cable ties. I let out a relieved breath. He hooked his arm around mines to help me stand up.

Standing up for the first time in a day and a half hurt more than I thought it would. He continued to hold onto me while I stretched out my limbs and worked on gaining balance. He even asked if I was okay (a silly question for a crazy kidnapper to ask the person he's holding hostage in his basement) and instinctively I nodded.

Once my balance was mostly back I bent over to pick up the last piece of my sub and stuff it into my mouth. I held out my hands for him to tie with the cable ties. I wasn't looking at him but I could swear I heard a faint chuckle from him.