Prologue

Essence. Existence. Excellence.

Paulit-ulit niyang sinasabi sa harapan ng salamin ang tatlong salita habang naglalagay ng pulang lipstick.

Essence. Some would say that the essence of being a woman is beauty. Others believe that it is the ability to bear a child, while others say that it’s in the grace and poise that only a woman can possess.

But for her, it's different.

Existence. Sa mundong ito, iilan lang ang tumitingala sa kakahayan ng isang babae. But not on her watch, she wasn't born to submit, she was born to dominate and made her existence known.

Excellence. Hindi pwedeng 'pwede na', for a woman named Luna Celestine, it should be perfect. Ano pang saysay ng isang bagay kung hindi mo ito gagawin ng 100% and for her, second wasn't the best.

Essence.Existence.Excellence

Those were the words that she carried for almost 25 years. Kung wala ang tatlong iyon, she couldn't be where she at now.

"The essence of my existence is excellence" she said in front of her employees. "So, If I give you an excellent performance, I expect an excellent result"

Lumakad siya sa isang empleyado at inabot ang puting folder. "And do you think that is an excellent.. result?"

Nangingilid na ang luha ng empleyado because everyone in that room knows what's the meaning of that. Hindi naman siya mahirap makilala because she's a dichotomous person.

It's only Yes or No. True or False. Good or Bad.

However, she won't waste her time to ask a question if she knew it has a good result. Kaya isa lang ang nais niyang marinig sa empleyado niya.

"N-no.." she broke her voice. "Ma'am, please.. give me.."

She raised her hand to signal her to stop. "I am running a multi-million group of companies and this is already a waste of time for me but I still had to do it." aniya, "Get out of my building, there's no room for mistakes here"

Umiiyak na lumabas ang babae habang ang ibang empleyado ay bakas ang takot sa mata.

"This is not personal, this is business. I know she don't deserve what I did but I don't deserve what she did either. Kung gusto niyong tumagal sa companya ko, give me a reason not to fire you"

Tahimik lang ang mga ito, nakayuko ang iilan at iba naman ay poker face lang. She dismissed them nang saktong tumawag ang Daddy niya.

"Dad--"

"What did I just heard?" putol agad ng ama. Great! Ang bilis ng balita. "Anong nangyari sa deal mo with Mr.Clemente?"

She heavily sighed, ito ang dahilan kung bakit siya nagsisante ng empleyado.

"Dad, the presentation--"

"For christ sake, Celestine! Mr.Clemente is an asset, sineseryoso mo ba ang trabaho mo?" asik nito.

Napalabi siya, "I'm sorry, Dad. I'll see what I can do to talk with Mr.Clemente"

"You better be" anito sa kanya, "Anyway, have you talked with David?"

"N-not yet, Dad. Masyado pang maraming trabaho para--"

"Anak.." malambing na putol ng ama, "Ikaw na ang magreach out sa fiancé mo. You'll be getting married in a few months, you should make an effort."

Napatango na lang siya, "Okay, Dad"

"That's my girl" napangiti na rin siya ng marinig ito sa ama, "I'll call you soon"