Chapter 24

Author's Note: Sorry this chapter is so long. I just couldn't bring myself to break it up. I hope you agree that it would have lost some of it's brilliance if I had hacked it in half. Enjoy!

Kyle got off the number 12 bus two streets over from the address on his palm and walked the rest of the way

Kyle got off the number 12 bus two streets over from the address on his palm and walked the rest of the way. When he came up on the old rundown duplex he was surprised to see that every light in the house was on. The joint was hoping he could hear Drake all the way down the block.

Kyle only had a minute to think what the fuck before a big African American dude came strutting up to him like he owned the joint. The guy got right in his face despite the nearly foot height difference. Kyle wanted to laugh at him but the party was crowded and no doubt the dude had a few more friends inside.

Even though he was well versed in martial art practices, he was no Jet Li. So he decided to play it cool, besides he needed to find out what was going on. This did not look like a safe environment for any thirteen year old kid.

Kyle looked the poser in the eye and said as nice as he could without sneering, which wasn't easy that was for damn sure, "Hey I'm looking for Jonah he here?"

"Who wants to know," snarled the guy with his pants practically around his ankles.

He was leaning in so close Kyle could smell the salami pizza he must have had recently. He was tempted to tell him about it, there looked to be some fine girls at the party and bad breath could be a real game changer, but in the end he thought why do the guy a solid.

"Tell him it's Kyle. He knows me."

The dumb ass punk took a moment to look him up and down before demanding, "Stay here." And strutted away like some gansta in a bad B movie.

Kyle was liking this situation less and less. Where was Jonah's foster parent? Did his foster father run a crack house? What the hell was happening here?

When Jonah swung open the screen door it screeched on its hinges so loud he could hear it over the ear splitting music. He walked down the five short steps with a smirk that spoke volumes. No F'N way he was giving the pack back. And he was hella pleased with himself about it too.

Kyle could see in his eyes that he was done with the club as well and it broke his heart. He couldn't help, but blame himself for driving him away. If only he'd handled the situation better, but discrimination was a sore point for him, he just couldn't tolerate it.

Kyle knew Jonah didn't have too many chances left; so he decided to try and be as persuasive as possible. So he hit him with his friendliest smile. Never mind the pack he wouldn't even bring it up. He could always get Lauren to scry for it anyway. He needed to get through to Jonah and find out what the hell was going on.

"Hey dude what's up?"

"Nothing much." Jonah continued to smirk at him. Kyle could tell he expected him to demand his pack, but he wasn't going to fall for his tricks, he'd played them a time or two himself.