Chapter 22

Author's Note: 

Hello my loyal readers. I'm not sure if you are aware, but as a means of celebrating the 5th month anniversary of the launch of the Haven High Series, I've decided to start a contest that celebrates all things Fantasy. So if you have a urban fantasy/paranormal book please enter it. Even if you don't, and know know a few enthusiasts of this genre, please pass it on. I'd love to have lots of people enter. And if you'd like to judge the awards. I'm going to need all the help I can get. So don't forget spread the word. *hugs* 

 *hugs* 

When he met up with Travis at the terminal and he'd cocked an eyebrow at his scant attire Kyle quickly said, "don't ask," before they boarder the number 12 for home.

He was cold, tired, and frustrated beyond belief at his fucked up life. Just two days ago his brother was in a coma, his parents didn't even know he was at death's door, the council that had swore to protect their world proved once again that they would sell them out in a heartbeat, and now a kid he was spending all his extra time on was hell bent on making his life a living hell. SO excuse him all to fuck if he was having a little FML moment.

He sat arms folded over his chest shivering in frustration and fear. Damn Jonah! He made him want to cry and scream at the same time. He was lost in thought when he felt his brothers zip up hoody fall across his shoulders.

He looked up to see his concerned face and he just sagged in his seat in response. He told him everything then. The cockamamie way he'd handled things tonight and the result. The confrontation with the admin and the scattered remains of his work, the only thing he left out was the missing weapon.

When he'd finished he actually felt a little better for the telling of it.

"Shit Bro that really sucks! Is there anything I can do? "

"Nah Dude. What's done is done. Just gotta let the chips fall where they may, you know?" Kyle shrugged off the hurt.

And he was hurt by Jonah. After everything he'd done for him, to have him just turn on him like a viper. The saddest part though, was the knowing why he did it, because he was him just a few short years ago. He would have done the same thing.

He'd totally had a 'let the world burn' attitude back then. And that might be the only reason he'll finally get through to Jonah.

The remainder of the ride home he listened to Travis tell him all about his day. The bus was pretty empty and they were by themselves at the back so Travis felt comfortable enough to tell him all about the Manticore that refused to leave the clinic until he saw him and when he came back to school today he was waiting for him with his final riddle.

"I've been racking my brain all night dude, but I still can't figure it out." Travis exclaimed.

"Can you remember it? Maybe I can figure it out."