Awards & Acknowledgements

Author's Note:

As I sit in front of my computer the solar eclipse is happening outside my window and I have the curtain drawn to protect my eyes. And even though I sit in a partially darkened room, the wonder of the moment isn't lost on me. It makes me think of other miraculous things. Things we often don't take the time to appreciate. Like a spectacular sunrise or sunset, the smell and taste of the first cup of coffee in the morning (let's face it I'm addicted LOL), and the million and one other things we overlook, because we are just too damn busy living.

We are so busy living that we are hurdling towards and an end game and forgetting to enjoy the journey as we go. Yesterday something spectacular happened. My first solo book, my baby, reached the 10k mark for views, and I did not take the time to celebrate.

Why?

Because I was too busy with everyday life; I let the stress of a move at the end of the month and the preponderance of everyday chores get in the way, but today as I sit under a not so total eclipse of the sun; I am not only reminded of the Bonnie Tyler Song, Total Eclipse of the Heart, but that I need to take the time to enjoy the small successes along the way. I must remember the journey, because sometimes it's not the destination, but the friends and experiences you have gathered along the way that truly matter.

Wattpad has become more than an app to me. It has become a community, a place where people I respect, admire, and have even grown to love commune to share their passion for the written word. I feel like I've finally found a home for my weird self.

I want to thank you all for making this journey one to remember, and please know that I appreciate each and every one of you for making it possible.

There is some other good news to share and I thought this would be a perfect place to share it. I've won three awards since posting the first chapter of Enlightened and I thought this would be a great chapter to share any and all other awards I may win in future as well.

Once again thank you all for the tremendous support you have given me.

June 2017 1st Place in the Hopeful Awards Paranormal Category

July 2017 2nd Place in the Golden Awards Paranormal Category