(1)My Midnight Man - Caught Between

Prologue

She had always dreamed of a handsome vampire swooping into her life, sweeping her off her feet and taking her away. But alas, she knew deep down it was almost impossible and let the fantasy dwell in her as merely a fantasy. So, you can imagine her utter astonishment when her fantasy became a reality.

Chapter 1

Mikayla was sitting in her room with her headphones placed firmly on her head and her fingers tapping away on her laptop's keyboard. She was a writer. At sixteen, she wasn't exactly famous, yet, but she loved what she did and so did her friends. School passed in a blur most days. Her usual thoughts when reflecting on her day at school went something like: Maths - 'Boring' ; Science - 'Couldn't hear what the teacher was saying half the time... talk slower idiot' ; English - If that teacher would just speak a little louder, I might be able to stay awake for once' ; Afrikaans(1st additional language) - 'That teacher is so cute, but could she let up on the insults?' ; I.T - 'Mr. T has one huge butt' ; Tourism - 'LOL! Another one bites the dust... almost nobody left in the class.'

Today had been like any other day. School, ignore homework and promise self to do it tomorrow, Read a book, listen to music and update face book profile with a witty comment like: 'The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!' 

'Unfortunately'? it didn't stay that way. She wasn't sure whether she was happy about the fact that an insanely good-looking guy had appeared 'out-of-nowhere' next to her was a good or bad thing. The fact that he had thing, needle-sharp inscisors was on her 'con list', though his beautiful emerald green eyes - put immediately on her 'pro list' - distracted her enough to make that almost not count.

Mikayla sat still for a few minutes trying to reorientate herself before deciding on a plan of action - in the event that there be any possibility of action that is. She took in his incredible height. He must be atleast 6ft tall. She wasn't exactly on the short side either, she was just about 5ft 7 and still stretching. His baby blonde hair was almost to his shoulders and had beautiful red streaks in it, the complete opposite to her raven black hair. He had high, long cheek bones that only defined his slightly up-turned eyes and made his medium-sized straight nose look absolutely regal. Soft-looking lips that weren't exactly cherubic and bow-shaped but more sharp-edged and masculine, had a funny little half smile placed upon them as he took in her perusal.

"So, ma cherie, are you done ogling me, or would you like to look some more?" That voice! It made her skin burst out in goose-bumps and she got the shivers. It matched him perfectly, not too hard but not too soft either, with a sexy little French lilt to it. Mamma Mia! She was well and truly bespelled.

She finally managed to collect her thoughts and said in a shaking voice, "Um... So who are you and what are you doing in my room? Better yet, how on earth did you get into my room?"

"Well, to answer your first question, my name is Jean-Pierre Du Plessis, or just Jean if you prefer. I think I'll answer the third question next. It was quite simple, qui, just a little minor ability I have to walk through walks, or run whichever. Which brings me to why I did it... To kidnap you ma cherie."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This nut-job was planning on kidnapping me? He could walk through walls? And the only reply I was able to make was, "Why me?"

The man was definitely quite confident in himself replying, "You unique. A one of a kind. You see ma cherie, you are a human of both fae and vampire desent. A being we 'supernaturals'" His mouth curled in a funny little half-smirk, half-frown kinda way, "Have heard but legends about. I for one am very fortunate to be the 'sucker'" He did it again, "Who captures you." Now it was just a full out grin. And 'I for one' didn't like the look he gave me. Not one little bit.

"So you think I' some sort of gene concoction? That somehow, though I have been studying my genealogy for the past three years I failed to realise that some people in my family were... different? I think that sometime between you becoming a vamp and now... you lost your marbles mate."

He looked at me, shock consuming his facial features. "Well apparently your research wasn't good enough to notice you actually don't belong to this family of yours. You were in fact switched at birth. Their child died and you became its replacement."

"What!!! I don't believe that... that's...that's horrible." It couldn't be true. This guy was completely mad. Yeah, that's it. He was bonkers and a, "LIER!" I couldn't help but scream in his face. Surely my... grandmother?... would hear me and come to my rescue. Please let her not have taken sleeping tablets tonight.

"Your screaming wont help you. I have put your entire neighbourhood in a sleeping trance."

Well DAMN!

"I suggest you come willingly. Fighting will not help you. I do not know what you know of vampires but-"

I cut hi off with a relatively loud mumble. "Everything..."

"What do you mean by that little statement ma cherie?" He was loking at me with a strange expression I couldn't quite place.

"I've been fascinated with vampires since I could open my eyes and watch a movie."

"Interesting... well, we must be off. You can tell me some more about yourself once I have you safely stored away in my European Villa." He smiled cheerfully and wrapped his hand around mine.

The next thing I knew... Everything went black.

So let me know what you think please! Comment PLEASE! And please excuse any spelling mistakes.