Chapter 46

"Thank you for coming," I smile, and Ezra's parents both give me a hug.

"No, thank you for having us. Dinner was excellent, and thank you for some of the leftovers," she smiles.

"No problem," I grin.

"Bye mom. Bye dad," Ezra says, hugging them as well.

After saying goodbye to my parents, they leave as well.

"That went well," I grin, closing the door.

"I should probably head out too," Professor Clay says.

"Are you sure? You could stay for a beer if you want," Ezra says.

"As nice as that sounds, it's probably not the best to be hanging out with my students," he chuckles.

Ezra shakes his hand, and I walk him outside.

"Thank you so much for dinner. It was nice to be surrounded by such loving people," Professor Clay smiles.

"Of course, and we'll find you're daughter by the way. Soon," I smile.

He gives me a big hug and Ricky steps outside.

"Do you want me to keep the kids since everyone else is staying?" he asks.

"Sure, spend some time with them," I smile.

I help Ricky load them into his truck and give them both big kisses.

"Thank you for having me," Ricky smiles. 

"Of course," I smile.

He gives me a hug before taking off in his truck. I wave to Ricky and professor Clay before heading back inside.

"So, everyone else is staying?" I ask.

"Of course," Paige grins.

"Thank you all for coming," I smile.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world," Chase says.

"So, who's up for some video games?" Ezra smirks, grabbing Luke and Chase's attention.

Paige and I roll our eyes and she follows me into Ezra and I's room. We sit down on the bed and I turn on the TV for some background noise.

"So, how is everything going?" Paige asks.

"So great. We're going a lot slower than Ricky and I did, and it's nice," I smile.

"How's school going for you?" Paige asks.

"Doing school online is hard, but I'm managing. What about you?" I ask.

"Managing. Same as you. I'm thinking about taking next semester off though," she says.

"Why?"

"I just want to figure out who I am. I guess I just jumped into college so fast, and I'm still not sure of what I want," she frowns.

"Makes sense. I feel like that sometimes. Having kids so young, I'm putting all my time into making sure they're ok and have what they need. I don't regret my kids, but I wish I would have waited," I say.

"Have you talked to Ricky about maybe splitting custody?" Paige asks.

"What do you mean? Like 50/50?"

"Yeah. Maybe if you do that, then next semester you could actually go to school instead of doing it online," Paige says.

"I just don't want Ricky to worry about finding a sitter or daycare while he's teaching."

"You should talk to him. I'm sure he'd want the kids around more, and it might take some stress off your shoulders," Paige smiles.

"You're right. I think I will talk to him," I say.

After talking to Paige for awhile, we rejoin the boys in the living room. 

"How's the game going?" Paige asks, and I see Mario Karts on the screen.

"Great. I'm in the lead," Chase smirks.

"Not for long," Ezra fires back.

I sit down on the carpet beside Ezra and watch as he tries to catch up from last place. I laugh at him and he sends a glare my way.  

After their round ends Paige and I join into the game. We end up playing games and having a good time all night, not worrying about anything else.