What Lies Ahead Chapter 6

“Do I have to get up?” I groan, looking at Ricky.

“Yes. It’s noon,” Ricky smirks.

“Make some breakfast?” I ask.

“Already working on it,” he grins.

I slowly get up and put on a jacket, feeling a little cold. I walk into the living room to see everyone crashed out. I giggle as I walk into the kitchen and see my babies.

“Hey Chlo! Hey Leon!” I smile, picking Leon up.

“Your mom dropped them off about an hour ago,” he smiles.

I look at Leo and give him a kiss on the cheek.

“I missed my babies,” I smile at them.

I put Leon down and pick Chloe up.

“What are you cooking?” I ask Ricky.

“Pancakes, bacon, eggs, and biscuits,” he grins.

“Yummy!” I smile.

Leon starts to cry and I put Chloe down. I grab Leon and take him to his room. I put him on the changing table and change his diaper. I then warm him up a bottle and feed him in the kitchen.

“You’re a wonderful mom,” Ricky smiles.

“And you’re a damn good daddy,” I grin.

“I love you Jo,” Ricky smiles.

“I love you too,” I say, giving him a kiss with Leon in my arms.

Chloe screams and we turn to see her smiling at us. I giggle and Ricky chuckles.
“She’s so cute,” I smile.

“Cute like you,” Ricky winks.

He finishes cooking and I put Leon down so I can set the table. Chloe and Leon scream at each other for about 5 minutes, smiling and laughing.

“Those kids are so cute,” Ezra grins, standing up to stretch.

“Breakfast is ready,” I smile.

“Good. I’m starving,” Ezra chuckles.

I wake up Paige and the boys, and they all join us in the kitchen. Paige puts Leon in her lap and I put Chloe in mine as we eat.

“This is amazing!” Paige grins, taking a bite of pancake.

“We gotta figure out this baby sitter situation,” I say to Ricky.

“I have. Your mom agreed to watch them on Mondays, and my mom is going to watch them Tuesday through Friday,” Ricky smiles.

“Yay,” I grin.

“two and a half months until graduation!” Luke grins.

“I’m gonna miss you guys,” I smile.

“We’ll always have our Fridays together,” Chase smiles.

“So, are you going to college?” Paige asks.

“Yes she is,” Ricky smirks.

I giggle and roll my eyes.

“I’m going to look for another job next week,” I smile.

“Why?” Ezra asks.

“I wanna help support the babies and I need to save up for college,” I smile.

“Smart,” Chase smiles.

We eat our breakfast and I end up having to get up to change Chloe and feed her.

“What should we do today?” Luke asks.

“I have to go home for a family reunion,” Paige rolls her eyes.

“I need to grade some papers,” Ezra says.

“I’m gonna go to the arcade,” Chase smiles.

“I’ll join you!” Luke says.

I say goodbye to the 4 of them and put Chloe and Leon in their playpen.

“So, what should we do today beautiful?” Ricky smirks, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Well, we need groceries and diapers,” I giggle.

“We’ll drive a few towns over to get them, and then we can go eat,” Ricky smiles.

Ricky loads the kids in the car and I grab my purse. I grab Ricky’s wallet off the table and get in the passenger seat of his car. He cranks the car and we pull out of his driveway.

“That breakfast was really good. Thank you,” I smile.

“Anything for you,” Ricky grins, taking my hand and kissing it.

He keeps our hands intertwined and I grin. We listen to the radio and sit in a comfortable silence. When we get to the grocery store two towns over, I put the babies in their double stroller and Ricky pushes them. I grab a buggy and push it down aisles.

“What all do we need?” Ricky asks.

“Milk, eggs, butter, snacks, and meat,” I grin.

We find all the food we need and I grab a twenty four pack of Mountain Dew.

“That’s so bad for you,” Ricky smirks.

“Shut up,” I giggle.

“Make me,” he sticks his tongue out.

I roll my eyes and give him a quick kiss. He pays for our groceries and loads them in the car while I load the kids.

“Chloe needs a diaper change,” I say, wrinkling my nose as I smell her.

“Can you run in and change her?” he asks.

“Can you?” I groan.

“Would it kill you too do something for once?” Ricky groans.

“Really?!” I say.

I grab Chloe and take her inside the store. I go into the bathroom and lay her on the changing table. I change her diaper and head back to the car. I buckle her up and get in the passenger seat, not speaking to Ricky.

We silently drive home. Shit! We forgot diapers.

“We need diapers,” I say as Ricky pulls up in the driveway.

“Go get them,” he grumbles.

“Can you please?” I ask.

“No! Jo, I’m tired! I want to go inside and go to bed!” he yells.

My eyes widen and I look away. I get out and unload the sleeping kids. I put them in their cribs and help unload groceries. I angrily grab the keys and get in the car. I drive to the nearest Walmart and head inside. I find some diapers and look around.

“Hey Jo!” Paige calls to me.

“Paige!” I smile.

I run and hug her.

“What are you doing here?” she asks.

“Getting diapers,” I frown.

“Oh the joys of parenting,” Paige giggles.

I say goodbye and pay for the diapers. I get in the car and drive home. I walk inside and see Ricky cooking dinner. I roll my eyes when he looks at me and I go into our room. I turn on the TV and watch reruns of Teen Mom.

“Jo,” Ricky starts, opening the door.

I look up at him and he lays down next to me on the bed.

“I’m so sorry,” he frowns.

I don’t answer him and he wraps his arms around me. He rubs my back and I nuzzle my face in his neck.
“I love you,” I whisper.

“I love you too.”