Chapter 14

"Hi," I say, looking from Ricky to Ezra.

I'm sorry, Ezra mouths. 

"Hi. I'm sorry for dropping by so suddenly. I thought it would be weird to call. Can I please come in and see my kids?" he asks, looking at a sleeping Chloe in my arms.

"Come right in," I put on a smile, opening the door wider.

Ricky steps in and makes his way into the babies room. I stand outside of it while he picks Leon up. Leon eyes widen and he smiles big.

"Hey Leon! I missed you," Ricky coos.

Leon smiles wide and it even makes me smile.

I make my way into the kitchen and sit at the table, still holding Chloe. Ezra takes a seat next to me.

"When did he get here?!" I whisper.

"He showed up at my place right as I was about to leave," Ezra says.

"I'm glad he's here for the kids," I smile.

Ricky finds his way into the kitchen and sits across from us.

"Are you hungry? There's some leftover pizza in the fridge from lunch," I say, trying to be polite.

"I'm fine. Thank you though. Can I hold Chloe?" he asks.

We get up and swap twins. Chloe wakes up, and her eyes get wide like Leon's did. She smiles up at Ricky.

"Hi Ricky! How have you been?" my mom asks, coming into the kitchen. 

She grabs the pizza box out of the fridge.

"Pretty great. How about you?" he grins.

"Just fine. Thank you for asking," she smiles, putting a slice in the microwave.

"Have you been to the doctor anymore for a follow up since you moved out?" I ask.

Since the wreck, Ricky has to go to a doctor once a month for a follow up to see how he is doing.

"I just went last week," smiles.

"What brings you down to this part of town?" my mom asks.

"I wanted to see my kids, and I needed to talk with Ezra," he says.

I hand Leon to Ezra and my mom and I make our way up to her room.

"I can't believe he's here," I groan, both happy and frustrated.

"Just be thankful he wants to see his kids," my mom smiles.

"I am. Damn, he is so cute," I frown.

"You need to find a man," my mom laughs.

"I don't want a man. I want Ricky," I scowl.

"Well, you can't have him. I'm sorry honey."

"It was nice having you here. Come back anytime," I smile, walking Ricky outside.

"Jo, I miss the hell out of you and our babies," he frowns.

"You're the one that left." 

"I know, and that was the biggest mistake I've ever made," he frowns.

"Aren't you in a relationship?" I ask.

"Nope. Not anymore," he smirks.

I'm screaming on the inside, but I manage to keep a straight face.

"Are you still gonna teach at the high school when summer is over?" I ask. 

"Yes. I'm actually looking to move back down here. I think I might stay with Ezra for awhile. That's where I'm staying tonight," he says.

"Good luck to you. I hope things work out," I smile.

"Maybe we can go out sometime," he smiles.

"Ezra didn't tell you? I have a boyfriend."

"What?" Ricky's smile drops, and it turns into a frown, and then into a scowl.

"I'm just kidding," I giggle.

"That's not funny," he scowls, but then chuckles.

"See you soon, hopefully," I say.

"Can we do something tomorrow? I want to spend time with you and the kids," he says.

"I think something can be arranged," I say.

He kisses my cheek, and heads for his car. I wait until he pulls off for the smile to appear on my face. I grin and run my fingers over his cheek. I know exactly what I'm going to do. If Ricky wants me back, he is going to work for it.

"I can't believe he came here," I grin, talking to Luke and Ezra.

Jesse is long asleep. It's 2 A.M, and I'm too excited about Ricky to sleep.

"Don't give in too easy," Ezra tells me.

"I don't plan on it. He's going to work if he wants me back," I smirk.

"That's the spirit," Luke chuckles.

"Paige is coming back tomorrow! I totally forgot to tell you two," I smile.

"I've missed her," Ezra smiles.

"Have you talked to Chase?" I ask Luke.

"A few days ago. He's really enjoying Pennsylvania. He says it's fun up there," Luke smiles.

"We really need to vacation soon," I frown.

"Hopefully we can," Ezra smiles.

"Ricky kissed me on the cheek," I smile.

Luke smirks at me.

"I'm just glad he's back," Ezra says.

"Is he moving back down here?" Luke asks.

"He's looking for a place. Right now he is staying with me," Ezra says.

"If you wanted to stay at your house tonight to catch up with him I would've been fine with that," I say.

"I'll see him tomorrow. Did he say where you two were going?" Ezra asks.

"Nope. All he said was that he wanted to spend time with the kids and I," I smile.

Ezra yawns, and Luke follows. Soon, I yawn as well. We all laugh and I grab us all some covers. We're in the living room. Ezra on the couch, and Luke and I on the floor.

"Goodnight you guys," I smile.

"Goodnight," they both respond.

Soon, I fall into a deep sleep.